UOE Development Logs 2017
From UO Evolution
Publish 32 - January 2017
Update 165 New Year
This January marks UO Evolution's 6th Year Anniversary. I want to Thank Kane for all the great scripting over the years. He has produced new content every Friday, which makes us very unique and successful! Also a big Thank You to Domino for making thousands of new deco items and creating all the new Quests!
Here is a recap of all the quests we just added
- Bookworms (Evo Key)
- Rebuilding Magincia
- Family Ties
- Exploring Passages
- A Champion's Sting
- Mystical Order
- Silly Mage Apprentice
- Stitchin Time (in combination with contracts)
- Pirate Plunder
- Spooks & Spells
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Easter Ghost
- Santa's Mishap
Other Nustolkai's Trouble (Thief Quest)
Old Quests rewritten for new quest system
- Tomb Raiding/Archaeology
- Big Game Hunter
- Cursed Pirate
- Orc Clan
- Contracts: planned and developed a reward table for Cloth Emporium contracts. Added 25 Tailor based contracts. This system is still being watched and will be added to on an ongoing basis. Start looking for Contract Masters to pop up all over!
- Working on: Re-decoing the CTF Area
- BaseCreature Added: RewardFactor Property
- Domino's Deco Deeds Added: 37 new items
- Capture the Flag Updated: Redesigned the activation process
- Hide and Seek Updated: Will now jump after each prize.
- Levelable Items Updated: Will now check the RewardFactor Property
- PetLevel Updated: Will now check the RewardFactor Property
- GetPet Updated: Disabled in CTF
- Vet Reward Updated: Disabled in CTF
- Help - Res Updated: Disabled in CTF
- Cleaned up Christmas Spawners & North Pole
- Christmas/December Stealables Turned off
- Deco Mall Christmas ED Stone removed
- Added Mondain Priests - they were missing to start The Ancient World quest
- Level Deeds re-added to Game token stone/Game token stone in Trinsic up dated-All deco was removed. *Deco for Game tokens still avaliable on stone in Deco Mall, so that deco items have room to be displayed.
- Adjusted Mystical Order Quest spawners
- Hide and Seek Updated: Corrected display issue
- Hide and Seek Box Added: A container that can be revealed with the Detect Hidden Skill
- Detect Hidden Skill Updated: Functionality to reveal Hide and Seek Boxes
- XML Spawner Attachments Updated
- Domino's Deco Deeds Added: 34 new items
- Battle-Worn Shroud of Vecna Added
- Battle-Worn Robe of Kas Added
- Enchanted Polar Bear Added: 0 slot ridable
- Emperial Fireworks Wand Updated: Resolved small logic issue.
- Powder of Invidia Updated: Added a few new properties to the list
- Remnant of Vecna's Soul Added: Mage oriented
- Capture the Flag Added: fixed a few issues
- Emperer's Decree Added: Weapon Augment for leveling your Belt of Tokuno.. Easier to get points and more points can be gained.
- Mystery Chest - Kas Updated: Added the new Battle Worn Items
- Mystery Chest - Magi Updated: Added the new Battle Worn Items
- Mystery Chest - Augments Added: When opening you will get a random augment from the list of them that featured at Auctions and Events. (You get 1-3 of the same augment)
- Power Hour Updated: Recoded it all, We now have Champ, Pet, Iron Forge, Dragon Cloak and Belt of Tokuno Power Hours. We will need a little time and testing to get the numbers right. Once we do these will become regular events and we will add new ones.
Update 168 - 6th Year Anniversary
This weekend will start the testing of Vecna's Tombs. From time to time I will be asking or offering people I see playing if they would like to fight something. This will be for players of all ages and sizes so I can get a good idea of where things are or need to be plus use the new commands to gather much needed data.
- BaseLevelMonsters Added: Can now add the ability for mobs to level up, becoming increasingly harder as they kill players
- VecnaTombMonsters Added: Base functionality and abilities that all monsters in the tomb will share. Tomb mobs can use augments such as spiked shield, triple slash and such.
- Vecna Acolyte Added: Mage of Vecna that uses fire
- Vecna Necromancer Added: Necromancer of Vecna that turns the corpses around him into a new fighting force
- Vecna Priest Added: Prist of Vecna that heals those forces around him supporting the cause
- Vecna Archmage Added: Archmage of Vecna that can summon the Sword of Kas
- Kas Guard Added: Low level troops of Kas
- Kas Assassin Added: Sneak attacks that make your ability to defend even harder
- Kas Archer Added: Range support
- Kas Knight Added: The swords of Kas
- Kas Royal Guard Added: Just consider this a warning, expect him to level up fast.
- Vecna's Soul Spike Added: New augment
- Vecna's Mind Rott Added: New augment
- Vecna's Grave Leech Added: New augment
- Vecna's Arrow Spray Added: New augment
- Tomb Spirit Added
- Corpse Spirit Added
- Kas Blade Added
- Vecnas Tomb Controller Updated: Now can figure out what section of the tomb mobs originate from, the tomb is divided into 5 sections
- Anniversary Present 2017 Added: Can be opened on Jan 30, 2017
- Add Present Command Added: Dante can hand out over the weekend
- Domino's Deco Deeds Added: 76 new items
- Combat Check Commands Added: New commands that will allow to get a better look at the combat numbers under the hood while in game. This should speed up testing the tombs and anything else we need to look at, also assist me in recoding the rest of UO Combat
- Evo Hunt Updated: Hopefully cleaned up this code for the last time..
- Xml Custom Attack Updated: New functionality to allow mobs to use augments
- Xml Custom Defense Updated: New functionality to allow mobs to use augments
- Vecna Tomb Region Updated: Just to make things interesting
- Wildfire Updated: Now follows the UOGuide description
- Mage Spells Updated: Enable new AI elements to use easier
- AOS Damage Updated: The math was bad, allowed for negative results which would effect other numbers.
- Added new Mithril Sea Serpent Spawn
- Updated Tailor Contract giver! (no more guessing wool colors)
- Added new Carpentry Contract giver
- Added Quest Tree Whisperer (starts in Ter Mur Royal City)
- Updated-rewrote Enchanted Shovel Quest
- All Trammel Cities designated a City Color Banners and Flags created.
Town Flags and Banners Placed in:
- 1388(light horror)BuccaneersDen
- 2162(shaded yellow green)Britian
- 2134(shaded yellow orange) Cove
- 1470(jamocha shake)Jhelom
- 2151(shaded sky blue)NewHaven
- 2182(abysmal violetblue)SerpentsHold
- 1475(aquatic shadow)SkaraBrae
- 2173(Abysmal red)Vesper
- 1455(Colors of All) Wind
- 2131(shaded yellow)YewCity Confidential
- 2143(shaded dustyrose)Magincia
- 1468(Seafoam Wisp) Delicia
New Deco Created:
Publish 33 - February 2017
- Bottle of Rum Added: This item is for Expo's Pirate adventures
- Vecna Tomb Monsters Updated: Seems ShieldArmor never checks to make sure it is a shield (but doesn't crash on the test server, just the live): Mobs should use correct augments now.
- Contract Creation Stone Added: Can create, see and test contracts in game now. This should speed things up a lot
- Forensic Evaluation Updated: Adjusted accesslevel and logic to better handle specific sitautions
- Instant Regen Tile Added: A tile to instantly recover Hits, Stam and Mana for pets (Only)
- Chat System Updated: Added new shard to the list
- Watch Book Added: Tool to allow set to have a small group of players in a list and display needed information.
- Contract System Updated: Version 2 of the Contract Creation Tool, now can handle a longer list of Turn Ins and Rewards.
- Token System Updated: Put a cap on tokens awarded (Only effects a rare situation)
- Contract System Updated: Allowed for a no gold contract
- Watch Book Updated: Not handling when player logged out correctly
- Turn In Quest Giver Updated: Amazing what 1 bracket can do. Now handles the Times per day correctly.
- New commands Added to help handle some of the tasks regarding new players
- Rite of Exorcism Added: New aug for Ghost Champions
- Summoning Card Added: New aug for Ghost Champions
- New augments: Music, Provocation and Discordance
- Corpses/Curses: Put some markers in place for the moment in an attempt to see if we can do better.
Cupid Quest Update:
Checked Spawners and deco’d Quest starting point. All spawners turned off and Investigation Report posted!
Updated Deco Mall Stones: Deco Mall Living Rooms, Waterworks.
Updated contracts for WoodworkersGuild and ClothEmporium. Any Errors found please PM me.
- AOS Updated: Added EvoAttributes (We reached the max of Properties that can be added for AOS and Armor)
- BaseArmor Updated: Allows for EvoAttributes to be added (Only 1 is on the list and not available yet, dont ask)
- Mortal Strike Updated: Cooldown code wasn't even there so there was never a delay. Current cooldown time is 5 seconds + a Healing Skill Bonus from the mobile that has the mortal wound.
- Enchanted Apple Updated: Can now eat an apple at 40 seconds but will cost you 30 mana, 120 is the same as before. Now will remove Mortal Wounds
- Domino's Deco Deeds Added: 13 new items
- Purge Spell Note: It is a second circle spell, I will not code for it to remove Mortal Wounds with all that it already does. Balance Decision and a note for players.
- Vortex Strike Augment Update: The summoned mobs should now vanish when the time expires
- Gold Panning System Update: Now split between Felucca and not. Better chance for higher nuggets in Fel. In guarded areas you can only get small nuggets. (Over farming is known to happen). It is called Gold Panning, not dredging. No longer will work on boats.
- Golden Chicken Updated: No longer endless instant eggs.
Deco deeds Created:
- St Patricks Day Deco
- Tomb Deco
Ongoing Cleanup of the Player Vendor Mall section of the Public Gate
Updated Gold and token stones in Deco Display
Updated Game Token Stone in Deco Mall
Removed duplicate items from stones in Britian Mages and Alchemist Shops
Modified Rules for champ power hour. New Rules take effect Friday March 3rd.
- XMLSiege fun times testing
- Created 29 New NPCs (Classic Feud Expansion)
- Created 22 New Quest Items (Classic Feud Expansion)
- Developing 12 New Quests (Classic Feud Expansion)
- Crafted 9 New Addons (Classic Feud Expansion)
- Updated the Expositionary Sentry
- Monster to sway players to leave an area
- Random Bomberman events
- Random Discord Hunts
- PvP promotion “fun for all”
Added to Wiki
- Training Elemetal
- Powder of Invidia
- Talisman of Invidia
- Powder of Acedia
- Talisman of Avaritia
- Talisman of the Eclipsing Flame
- Talisman of the Eclipsing Moon
- Evolution 5th Anniversary Talisman
- Talisman of the Corpse
- Talisman of the Beast
- Talisman of ThreeFingerJack
Updated UOEvo Videos section
Facebook Top Posts
- Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls
- 481 Reached, 28 Reactions Comments & Shares, 28 Clicks
- Grand Auction TODAY at Noon 5
- 580 Reached, 13 Reactions Comments & Shares, 34 Clicks
- McD’s First PvP Invitation
- 579 Reached, 8 Reactions Comments & Shares, 23 Clicks
- Intro to Fishing Part Two - Weight of the World Music Video
- UO Change Ugly Font to Classic Awesome UO Font
- The Rum is NOT All Gone!
- Valentine’s Day Cupid Quest Intro
- AFK Resource Gathering Equals Mining Jailhouse Rock
- PvP Despise Kung Fu Hustle Music Video
- Bomberman Match
- Stones Remix for the Grand Auction
Richard Garriott aka Lord British enjoyed my dedication to David Watson aka Iolo the Bard and retweeted my video =)
Publish 34 - March 2017
- Goblin Updated: Changed to handle the new monthly event
- Advanced Goblin Updated: Added to give a twist
- Powder Crafting Added: Just in testing but as you will notice it does tie into the event.
- Leprechaun Gold Hide and Seek Added: Changed over to the new format
- Uisneach's Alchemy Garb: New set of staged gear for different things, requires Leprechaun Gold to add points
- Leprechaun Slot Machine Updated: Added to the available prizes.
- Mardi Gras Prizes Added: A few things from Domino
- New Property - Enhanced Potion Cap Increase Added: Increases the cap above 50
- New Property - Powder Crafting Min Intensity Added: Used to determine the minimal effectiveness of your powder
- New Property - Powder Crafting Max Intensity Added: Used to determine the maximum effectiveness of your powder
- New Property - Powder Crafting Failure Reduction Added: Used to reduce the chance of failure when using powder
- New Property - Powder Crafting Failure Damage Added: Used to decrease the damage if powder has failed.
- Evil Omen Updated: Now reduces resists by -70 rather then just to a flat 50. Followed the nature of the spell on a custom server
- BaseArmor Updated: Small quark in the way the new AOS handled during creation
- Hide and Seek Updated: Permissions updated for Counselor
- Monthly Event Updated: Added some logic checks and tweaked a few things so it fit the original event design better
- Battle Worn Kas Robe: Changed requirement from Int to Dex. I won't force the change on existing items but if you want it changed just PM me.
- Champion Spawner Updated: Counselors can now start
- Breeding System Updated: Starting to collect data when players breed, time to move forward with features and need to know some numbers.
- Monthly Event Updated: Added Range and LOS checks.
New Quest Added:
Update 177 St. Patrick's Day
- Breeding Data Collection Update: Information gathered increased, takes to long to check serials...now just displaying the important elements.
- Enchanted Apple Updated: Now deletes when consumed.
- Energy Vortex Augment Added: Energy Vortex for Vortex Strike
- Energy Vortex Updated: Now summons new Energy Vortex
- Domino Deco Deeds Added: 12 new items
- Mystery Chest Added: New chest for the Alchemy Garb and related deeds. All gear from this has a max stage of 10-20
- Leprechaun Ground Gold Updated: Will now go in your pack rather then the ground.
- Goblin Trash Keg Added: Toss Artifacts - Weapon, Clothing, Armor and Weapons in it and you have a chance of getting Leprechaun Gold. The chance and gold is based on the amount of luck on the item.
- Goblin Treasure Keg Added: Every 1-7 Days.. you have a chance at Gold, Leprechaun Gold or Tokens. (33/33/33)
- Goblin Throwing Mug Added: Toss mugs at players, no damage
- Goblin Throwing Keg Added: Toss kegs at players, no damage
- Leprechaun Treasure Keg Added: One use.. You have a chance at 200 - 2000 Gold, Leprechaun Gold or Tokens. (33/33/33)
- Increase Max Stage Deed (Alchemy Garb) Added: Increases the max stage by 1
- Jump Next Stage Deed (Alchemy Garb) Added: Moves you 1 point short of the next stage
- Enchanted Apple Updated: Should now delete correctly
- Powder Crafting Added: Powder Crafting system
- Leprechaun Gold Event Updated: Now gives more Leprechaun Gold for 1st prize and 2nd/3rd prizes get a small amount of Leprechaun Gold.
- Leprechaun Gold Updated: Decreased the range
- Uisneach's Alchemy Garb Updated: Resolved slot issue (Had not been discovered yet, just found it in testing)
- BasePowder Updated: Moved some core functionality to it rather then in the actual powder code
- Powder of Pyrite Updated: Improved display and resolved a small bug when failed.
Publish 35 - April 2017
Hide and Seek Updated: Like most things I code I have in mind a few versions of what I want to see. Hide and Seek is finally here. Hide and Seek is now controlled by a config file that can be loaded when run. There can be more then 1 config file designed by all staff, so each staff can have their own small event. Everything can be changed on the fly including rewards. Also added a new special reward table. In addition to the normal prize you have a percent chance of getting an item from a special loot table. This can be anything from deco, quest items even highly prized and rare things only seen at past auctions.
Pick Up Game Added: Anyone who has been to a Destard Event knows the Lep gold on the ground, this was based off an event idea I have had brewing and has now come to light.
New event with ideas on the ground: double click, solve the gump, get the prize. Anyone can play!! It is also timed and as you will learn scripts may not be your best friend with this so might even out the field quite a bit with players during this event. Look for test events this weekend.
- Sxeh's Ancestral Shirt Updated: Added a different range of numbers and some skills.
- Golem Rabbits Updated: Completely overhauled.
- Golem Trash Keg Updated: Recoded the logic. I am happy I held off on this one.
- Domino's Deco Deeds Added: A few new items
- Ring of the Goblin King Added: Adds a bonus to the amount of Leprechaun Gold you get when using the Powder of Pyrite
- Blood Clasp and Necklace Added: New set adding to help teach new staff how we do quests and such.
- Powder of Pyrite Updated: Now handles Ring of the Goblin King.
- Powder Menu Updated: New Powder
- Tinkering Menu Updated: New vial for upcoming powders.
- Domino's Deco Deeds Added: 31 new items
- Blood Necklace Updated: New quest item and feature set (Give us a few weeks to do mobs and teaching)
- Blood Clasp Updated: New quest item and feature set (Give us a few weeks to do mobs and teaching)
- Black Belt Updated: Small display tweak I noticed
- Achilles Heel Added: New sandals feating 1-10 sword skill, cannot be socketed created by Morsax
- Golden Goblin Powder Added: Used to recharge the Ring of the Goblin King and bonus on the Goblin Trash Keg
- Vial of the Shattered Arcane Added: Intermediate vial for some upcoming vials
- Vendor Cleanup Command Added: Speed up the process of cleaning up old vendors
- Player Vendor Updated: Cleanup function added
- Yearly Easter Egg Hunt Quest up and ran for two weeks
- A Bunny's Revenge Quest up and ran for two weeks.
Quest givers will remain for a few days so players can complete turn-ins; Monday all quest items will be removed from server
New Deco Added:
- HammockSouth (by request)
- HammockEast (by request)
- New Quest added: Saco Pawn and Loan-Starts in Trinsic Pawn shop, located South of the Vendors (Public Vendor Mall)
- New Pawn Shop created for quest
- New mini dungeon created off the graveyard vesper tunnels (I had a LOT of fun building this)
- Corrected a few additional errors in contracts:
- Sweet Dreams!- Will now accept the bolts of Cloth (formatting error)
- Clown can Sing!- Will now accept the suits (typo in my cfg)
- Domino's Deco deeds Added: 12 new items Cinco De Mayo theme related
- Container Updated: Can now find items by type that have specific properties
- Tinkering Menu Updated: Incorrect requirements for crafting one of the new vials
- Crafting Menu Updated: Crafting can now require up to 6 ingredients
- Crafting System Updated: Crafting Ingredients can specify certain properties required.
Publish 36 - May 2017
There is a special Cinco De Mayo Hide and Seek event this weekend that has 11 Unique deco items as rare prizes.
The server update seems to have gone well, still trying to narrow down exactly what router or internet issue that seems to be randomly effecting some players. Many providers have reported a really bad week as far as outages go.
- Combat Config Updated: Added data for Spiked Shield and Advanced Spiked Shield
- Morsax Scripts Added: Several scripts for his upcoming quest
- Domino Deco Deeds Added: 6 New Items
- Dr Doolittle's Protection Powder Added: This powder will allow you to combine several of his protection potions to increase the duration.
- Bomberman Updated: Changed the graphic so it does not interfere with UOSteam and Razor
- Turnin NPC Updated: New gump, hopefully this looks better
- Turnin NPC Updated: Can now handle non-quest items as well for turn ins
- Domino's Deco Deeds Added: 52 new items
- Morsax Script Pack Added: Looks like some castle stuff in the works *hint*
- Morsax added 4 new quests
- Rhaegel Scale Augments Added: Passive augment that allows to resist some of the damage done by Spike Shield type augments. Three flavors; 1, 3 and 5 socket Augments. Based on the amount of damage resisted is the amount of Dragon Glass used up. Higher Augments will reflect some of the damage as the glass shatters.
- Dragon Glass Added: Reagent needed for Rhaegel Scale Augments
- GlassBlowing Updated: Added Dragon Glass
- Dragon Glass Recipe item 611 Added: Required to craft Dragon Glass
- BaseCreature Updated: Added a few Controlled checks
- Plant Item Updated: Added new constructors
- Morsax Scripts Updated: A few changed
- Ancient Nightmare Added/Updated: Tweaked and should be good to go now
- Kas Knight Updated: Now mounted
- VecnaTombMonster Controller Updated: Improved error handling and allow for *Augments that are neither Attack nor Defense
- Hide and Seek Updated: Just some small display tweaks
- Plant Codex Key Added: Key to hold deco plants
- Druid Codex Key Added: Complete key for all your plant needs