Author Topic: Haunted Hallows 2015 Edition  (Read 4911 times)

September 24, 2015, 11:01:15 AM

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
This is a placeholder for information pertaining to the Haunted Hallows of 2015. It'll be updated frequently in the coming weeks so check back often.

Haunted Hallows 2014 post

• New Halloween Horror
  • New prizes to acquire
  • Expo's Bag of Random Treats
  • Return of Haunted Hallows equipment such as the Chest and Talisman (only available while the HH is open)
  • New Haunted Hallows equipment (to be announced later)
  • And more!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 10:28:19 AM by Expo »

September 24, 2015, 07:43:44 PM
Reply #1

Offline WafflesNCyanide

Super excited for the Event Expo!  Next month sounds like it's gonna be SUPER fun!

October 01, 2015, 01:55:43 AM
Reply #2

Offline Cito

Im super excited to paticipate in this month's event ...... 8) 8) 8)
Cito Alcotar
-Medieval Cowboy-
Come see my vendor at Unholy Trinity Vendor Mall..

October 03, 2015, 07:30:36 AM
Reply #3

Offline Thunder

Sadly this event seems to be bringing out the worst in several players.  This morning players were luring and kill stealing. 

I would also hope the high end gear is extremely rare drop and not available for items that can be farmed like the pumpkins.

October 03, 2015, 09:36:36 AM
Reply #4

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Sadly this event seems to be bringing out the worst in several players.  This morning players were luring and kill stealing. 

I would also hope the high end gear is extremely rare drop and not available for items that can be farmed like the pumpkins.
It was bound to happen. I remember another year folks were finding a spot to stand and not get hurt... fixed that but still, it's bound to happen. It's only the first day of the Haunted Hallows being open so of course there's a rush to be "first." Someone mentioned something about ED items as prizes but there aren't any available, except maybe the Carved Pumpkins but you'll only be able to get 1 per account from the HH.

October 03, 2015, 10:41:09 AM
Reply #5

Offline Shena

Really a awesome event so far, guys lets show courtesy to everyone and keep it fun.  Tx Expo and staff for all the wonderful events u guys plan for us

October 03, 2015, 05:31:13 PM
Reply #6

Offline Silvermane

I would just like to echo Shena's comment...Definitely a fun event...I love how you guy adjusted the difficulty and made it slightly more newbie/not the best player (me) friendly...Utmost respect Expo!!! /salute

October 05, 2015, 06:12:33 AM
Reply #7

Offline Cito

I really like the event. Though I seem to be the Anti-Pumpkin character...lol.....both pumpkin search and hallows.......
Cito Alcotar
-Medieval Cowboy-
Come see my vendor at Unholy Trinity Vendor Mall..

October 08, 2015, 01:40:46 PM
Reply #8

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Updates... updates. Who wants an update? I'm sure the folks that have seen me late at night tinkering away know I've probably lost my mind, and that's why I have been typing up this postmortem on the happenings of the Hallows after it opened.

When it first opened up, the monsters were quite tough… even the “normal undead” were giving players a beatdown. As hilarious I thought it was to make a skeleton have 2000 HP and high resists, along with a mortal strike, I knew I’d have to tone it down a bit. This led to a series of nerfs to every monster in the HH, especially the infamous blob. I refuse to slow it down though because its speed is what terrifies folks. Boss power has gone down a little as well on the top level of the HH but the ones you’ll find below are meant to be more difficult but also more rewarding.

My aim is to have the top area be used by newer players while veterans can delve down below. While looking over the numbers I’ve gathered over the past few days, I did my best to price out the prizes, especially for the Talisman. I made the price initially high so I could work my way down… you can’t go the other way (just ask my Pumpkin Treats on the first night lol). During the time I’ve been typing this up, I’ve updated the prices several times, lowering some and keeping the statuettes as the trophies they should be considered.

I plan on keeping the Haunted Hallows open until after Halloween, possibly into Thanksgiving as that would give everyone ample time to gather Pumpkin Treats. I know time is demanding for all and don’t want to be selfish and keep you in the clutches of my dungeon so that’s another reason why I’ve made it a point to make the prizes more accessible. I also want folks to enjoy the dungeon, as I have run this area for about 4 years now and it always makes me sad closing it down after so much work was put into it. Heck, I even made a movie about this place, in case you hadn’t seen my promotional spam everywhere for it. HA!

If you’re still reading this, I applaud you and will shoot a nice tip your way. Once the second level of the Haunted Hallows opens, the magic keywords to get in there will be what you say after Trick or Treat…This (new for 2015) area is home to the Nightmarish Butcher who not only stalks people in their dreams, but also harvests their organs and bones for sick rituals that no one has survived to witness.

I hope you all enjoy the Haunted Hallows and the rest of the events the staff has lined up for this month. Remember to show your support and vote for us on the top lists, tell your friends, like our Facebook page, and all that fun stuff.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:30:32 PM by Expo »

October 09, 2015, 01:19:17 PM
Reply #9

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness

October 10, 2015, 05:11:23 PM
Reply #10

Offline Sturger

This event is amazing.  Expo I always love your events/ideas. This years hallows event is right on the mark.

Yeah, I think the prices on items are high, and they should be, since you actually get the items-- pumpkin candies-- needed in small handfuls. That is as long as you keep killing everything and looking everywhere. Then, and only then, will you get what you need; by the end of the month that is.  8)

I have ran away almost dead several times, and have died a few more then that, but I keep wanting more. Insanity, perhaps, but I'd translate that insanity-- holy crap respawn times Batman-- into a simple phrase. This is fun. Something I must admit I have come to think of when I log onto EVO-UO.

Fun Events =

Rewards List available early on  8)
     Obtainable quest required rewards
     Side table of Random drop loot/gear  ;D
     Monsters are tough, but can die just as easily as you
     Monsters can be killed without killing you with one attack  :o
     All of the event area is used to meet the end goal (candies found in chests, on the ground, on tough and weak monsters)

Check, check, check, check, check, and check.   Enough said.

--Sturger--

October 15, 2015, 01:19:39 AM
Reply #11

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Thanks Sturger! I tried to make it stand out over the previous years. I'm glad that ranges of players can participate in this event.

Speaking of which, if you hadn't heard yet, and are adventurous enough to delve further into the Haunted Hallows, the second level of it has been open for a few days. In there you'll find the new Halloween Horror, the Nightmarish Butcher and more loot! You will need the Bags of Overflowing Candy AND the Pumpkin Treats to purchase the new Witchhunter's gear that is only available while the Haunted Hallows is open.

October 23, 2015, 02:11:26 PM
Reply #12

Offline Thunder

Expo:  Awesome job on the hallows,  always a ton a players in there.  A couple of suggestions for future "prizes".  Perhaps a journal a player could purchase with pumpkins with their char name on it like "Shena's Jounal of the 2015 Haunted Hallows"   and perhaps you could put some of the new domino deco on the stone.

November 05, 2015, 12:29:33 AM
Reply #13

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Haunted Hallows will be closing on Sunday, November 8th sometime during late night!

It's sad to see it go again for another year but I can say we pulled off what I thought was impossible and made this event even better than last years! Get your Pumpkin Treats and Overflowing Bags of Candy while you still can to purchase the RNG loving Witchhunter's armor set pieces!

November 05, 2015, 04:52:13 AM
Reply #14

Offline Thunder

Will there be prizes for the most craptastic set of Whichhunter piece??

November 05, 2015, 06:14:10 AM
Reply #15

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
HAHAHA! That RNG is a fickle mistress! I'd love to know what folks came out with.