Author Topic: Haunted Hallows 2014 Edition!  (Read 7674 times)

October 18, 2014, 03:50:08 AM

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
It is now 2016!! Wow how quickly time passes. I didn't think I was going to open the Haunted Hallows this year but after public demand I have gone and updated it for 2016. Enjoy!

-Expo

It's now 2015 but a lot of this information is relevant. Some things have changed but that'll be noted in a new post for this years adventures that can be found here.

-Expo

I wanted folks to read up on the history of the event first so here’s a link to the “original” Haunted Hallows. I will be posting on what new changes have appeared for this years festivities.

How do I get to the Haunted Hallows?
  • Open from Friday, October 17th to Tuesday, November 4th!
  • Go to a Moongate ---> Halloween Events! ---> Haunted Hallows
  • There is a PASSWORD to get in. If you examine the orange wooden sign hanging on the corrupted tree, there is a clue as to what you need to say to get in. The clue is…

• If you have ever gone out on Halloween, you should know these 3 magic words *grins*
What will I find in the Haunted Hallows?
Halloween themed monsters, decorations for your home, equipment and more! Collect the Haunted Hallows Pumpkin Treats for unique Halloween themed prizes that can be bought from the Haunted Hallows Vendor Stone (to appear soon at the entrance to the Haunted Hallows).

You CAN STACK these items… you just have to double click one Haunted Hallows Pumpkin Treat and then target another and it will stack them into one item.

How do I use the Haunted Hallows Pumpkin Treats and what are the prizes?
Here are the prices and keywords (which are the NPCs name) to purchase the items!

25 - Halloween Horror - Statuette of Oogie Boogie from the Haunted Hallows 2014
25 - Buried Evil - Statuette of the Buried Evil from the Haunted Hallows 2014
25 - The Ooze - Statuette of the 'infamous' Poisonous Ooze from the Haunted Hallows 2014
50 - Haunted Badge - Adventurer's Badge from the Haunted Hallows 2014
75 - Haunted Plaque - Adventurer's Plaque from the Haunted Hallows 2014 *Only ONE per account*
100 - Drowned Souls - Bottles of Drowned Sorrowed Souls Rum from the Haunted Hallows 2014
150 - Green Eggs - Halloween Prankster Eggs from the Haunted Hallows 2014
150 - Uprooted Tree - An Uprooted Tree from the Haunted Hallows 2014

How hard is the Haunted Hallows?
It was originally a veteran geared area, but I have decided to tone it down a bit this year and make it more newbie/intermediate friendly. As with anything, it’s always best to go in a group. Some players have found the locked orange “Halloween Treat” doors… that will eventually lead to a more veteran oriented area and will open at a later date… you have been warned!!

You might see “a lot” of monsters there at once… but most of them are just skeletons and zombies that can easily be dispatched, especially with an Undead Slaying weapon. It’s the other ones you have to worry about...

Are there special monsters in the Haunted Hallows?
Of course there are! I will even list them for you so that you can know what you’ll encounter here. I’m such a sweetheart aren’t I? *tries not to laugh at that*

Undead Monsters (Normal)
  • Skeleton
  • Zombie
  • Bone Knight
  • Lich
  • Lich Lord
  • Silver Serpent
  • Ancient Lich
Haunted Hallows Halloween Monsters (Custom)
  • Bubba Ho-Tep - a mummy that thinks it can consume a superstar (random reference link)
  • Walking Dead Corpse - these things show up less than the drama on Walking Dead
  • Poisonous Blob - a burning aura will mess you up if you stand too close to it for too long… avoid at all cost (use a pet or someone with high HP and fire resist)
  • Soul Sucking Hag - she feeds off your miserable-ness… don’t let her!
  • Poltergeist - some ghostly presence, too young to have enjoyed life, seeks to ruin yours
  • Terrifying Demon - this is the stuff of nightmares and with its giant claws, rakes at your very being
  • Stalker of the Night - you can run but you can’t hide because it’ll reveal you and hunt you down

Haunted Hallows Halloween Horrors (Custom)
You said there are unique stealables in the Haunted Hallows?
For sure! All stealables in this event area follow this naming convention: "***** [Halloween - Haunted Hallows 2014]". From what has been gathered from other players, and past years experience, these are *some* of the stealables that you will encounter...
  • Haunted Suit of Armor
  • Haunted Doll
  • Haunted Lamp Post
  • Haunted Tombstone of the Hallows
  • Haunted Remains of a Guild Stone
  • Haunted Scarecrow
  • Haunted Excerpts from 'The Raven'
  • Haunted Skull Candle
  • Haunted Hallows Ghost Robe
  • And more......
I hope everyone had fun during the grand opening of the Haunted Hallows! That was a crazy fun event that I was doing so much at one time it was hurting my brain but it played out beautifully!

Remember that this will be open until November so check back for new updates to the area. This forum post will continue all that so check it often! Here are the rest of the screenshots from the grand opening event!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:16:19 PM by Expo »

October 18, 2014, 03:58:48 PM
Reply #1

Offline loiosh

Love this event! I can Murder and Steal to my hearts content!  8)

October 18, 2014, 09:13:55 PM
Reply #2

Offline Sagemoon

Woot! Had an absolute blast at the Opening of Haunted Hallows!

And judging by the numbers participating, it was a HIT! for the server.

Expo, you took great care in your design and layout, very very nice.  The atmosphere was perfect for the desired effect.  The mobs were fun, difficult & plentiful, keeping all busy hunting.  Im a low-moderate player lvl, and I was able to stay alive & enjoy the fun, very nice! New players will thank you! (or should!).  I was a bit distracted to attempt to participate in the "bosses", but it was because I was having too much fun, I didnt notice lacking anything!   :)
Everyone, I want to thank you for permitting me to be around, I know Im lower level, but I thank you for your willingness to share & respect my presence there, *HUGE HUGS*

Ok, word to the wise, dont try to  own the place playing solo as a low-moderate lvl player.  I worked with Expo, (the man has the patience of a saint!) to test the mob density/difficulty.  Expo has it tuned very well, but if your my lvl or less, take a friend, or be ready to pick your battles carefully.

Yanno, I always feel like some "critic" when I write these, but my main point is to be as informative as I can with an objective eye.  Personally, I had a blast, lots o shitznick going on, wasnt bored or overwhelmed, lots of eyecandy, and I was quite preoccupied (which is a good thing, if you truly know me).

Go, have fun, you HAVE to experience it, you wont regret it!

October 19, 2014, 12:37:11 AM
Reply #3

Offline Tiea

I am so sorry I missed the grand opening but I was on a lil' vaca. I did however go tonight and had a blast! Deco was wonderful, as expected. Monsters, in my opinion, were spawned perfectly. Not on the shy side but not on the OMG what was he thinking!!!! And I found "Haunted Excerpts from 'The Raven'" YAY!!!! Can't wait to find other treasures. Thanks for another wonderful event Expo.  ;)
A person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.

October 26, 2014, 01:42:49 AM
Reply #4

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
***Added to the original post the prizes for collecting the Haunted Hallows Pumpkin Treats!***

How do I use the Haunted Hallows Pumpkin Treats and what are the prizes?
Here are the prices and keywords (which are the NPCs name) to purchase the items!

25 - Statuette of Oogie Boogie from the Haunted Hallows 2014
25 - Statuette of the Buried Evil from the Haunted Hallows 2014
25 - Statuette of the 'infamous' Poisonous Ooze from the Haunted Hallows 2014
50 - Adventurer's Badge from the Haunted Hallows 2014
75 - Adventurer's Plaque from the Haunted Hallows 2014
100 - Bottles of Drowned Sorrowed Souls Rum from the Haunted Hallows 2014
150 - Halloween Prankster Eggs from the Haunted Hallows 2014
150 - An Uprooted Tree from the Haunted Hallows 2014

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:45:41 AM by Expo »

October 27, 2014, 02:11:29 AM
Reply #5

Offline Tiea

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!
Let it be known that the Statuette of Oogie Boogie from the Haunted Hallows 2014 now resides at the dance hall in The Queen of Shame Manor. He does his Oggie Boogie dance all night long!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:57:58 AM by Expo »
A person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.

October 31, 2014, 02:13:06 AM
Reply #6

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
The Night of the Dark Hallows!

Evolites have been wondering what was behind the orange doors in the Haunted Hallows and tonight they were able to step into the Dark Hallows but first they had to defeat the Halloween Horrors above!

The adventurers gathered at the entrance of the Haunted Hallows, ready to trick or treat their way through anything in their path. The Over 9000 Year Old Mummy was quickly dispatched, barely able to climb out of his sarcophagus before he was put back to sleep. Next, the Ravenous Poe unleashed its tiny fury upon the adventurers, but eventually it began to fly away, trying to live another day but....

Woe was the Ravenous Poe. Nevermore indeed! After plucking every last feather off its corpse, the Trick or Treaters proceeded to face the bump in the night himself, Oogie Boogie! Caught completely off guard while singing the Oogie Boogie song, the behemoth was slain and even his Gooey Insides were ripped out and collected as a prize some demented Trick or Treater!!

The Reanimated Crypt Keeper was now all that stood in the way of the Evolites and the entrance to the Dark Hallows. Having just been reanimated, and surrounded by Trick or Treaters, the Crypt Keeper was put back into the ground and opened up the passage into the crypt below.

The staircase led down into a vast crypt, with a large and radiant sarcophagus in the center of it... but it was opened. After clearing out the lowly undead, the adventurers discovered a hidden passage that led to a room full of treasure.

One of the adventuers opened a chest and found a book with a cryptic message in it... "Look behind you!" Appearing out of the shadows, the Lord of the Hallows began to decimate the Evolites, unleashing his undead minions to smother the intruders. The battle was fierce and many died attempting to contain this evil presence.

In the end, the Evolites managed to defeat the Lord of the Hallows and bring (a temporary) peace to the Haunted Hallows. This obviously didn't last long, but the adventurers did receive a grand reward for culling this area. Although the Lord of the Hallows was defeated, his essence remains attached to his sarcophagus, which might spawn a lesser but still evil version of himself.

Thanks to everyone that came out to the event. For even more pictures, click this link! Remember that the Haunted Hallows will close its doors until next year on November 4th!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:23:55 AM by Expo »

October 31, 2014, 03:23:08 AM
Reply #7

Offline Cal-El

wow this one was nuts lucky i made it in time for this one at least :] lovin this event so far this is what ive collected of this set :]

November 01, 2014, 02:26:42 PM
Reply #8

Offline Sagemoon

Sorry, had a rl bug for the last 24 hours, so sorry Im late with making my post, onward!

On the 2ndary Haunted Hallow Finale event, there were many players chomping at the bit to get rolling...the pleas were plentiful in [c while we waited for Expo to put the final touches on his Halloween "baby".

I swear, when Expo announced where to gather, if it had been rl, peeps woulda been trampled like a Black Friday opening @ Walmart's!  :P

We clustered up, the cries for the fun were plentiful, then Expo Announced the 9k yr old Mummy was about, the throng rushed in to beat it back into its sarcophagus!  The players were brutal & unrelenting until the Mummy was quelled.

Then...I just was looking up the next bosses name...Im an idiot, the fights were already described...Im just going to switch to my personal POV...

Ok, I am thankful Expo has the patience of a saint, because I am like a little kid when it comes to Halloween, I love the fun to be had here on EVO and I am childlike pestery when it comes to the fun...just as eveyone else!

I couldnt wait to see what was planned, then at the start, I was so please to have a chance to actually fight the bosses since on the opening, I was..distracted   :D .  Wow, those Bosses are hard, but fun, and creative in their abilities.  Oh yes, I died ALOT, my hair was totally a mess by nights end, but it was also hilarious!~

When we finally go into the new area, I started exploring the room, thinking.. there has to be more to this, Expo never sells short...I was happily surprised as I saw a fellow player disappear into blackness.  I followed, as did the rest of the mob, (yes, we were a mob), screamin for blood and not disappointed.

We came into this small room with treasure on the ground, pondering where the Boss was, then POOF, he arose.  The blood, then bodies started flowing.  Lots of Bodies. Bodies everywhere.  Did I say lots of bodies? cause there were...we all died TONS!  rofl.. the boss totally rocked our world, but it was worth it.  In the end, we all received a portion of "the Lord of the Hollows sarcophagus to commemorate the event. 

Expo, I died alot, my hair and clothes were a mess afterwards (I even broke a nail), but I had such a good time, thank you!

I seriously need to stop being whismical, but well, I just had soo much fun!

*Hugs everyone*

Sage

November 04, 2014, 07:58:05 AM
Reply #9

Offline Sagemoon

I am very sad that Halloween is over, and that the events are closing.  I wish they could stay foreevvveeerrrrrrr, but well, they cant.  Im already looking forward to next years Halloween! rofl

Expo, no one ever made a screenshot of all the stealible items (esp the one from the final Events area), can we have a SS for it, pretty please?   :)

November 05, 2014, 09:39:30 AM
Reply #10

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
The Haunted Hallows has closed its cursed doors until next year. HOORAY!! There were many improvements from the last couple of years, thanks to Kane's coding and having done the event several times already.

Many many thanks to everyone that attended. I would log on at odd hours and see folks in there farming away which made me happy, as do all the posts and messages from attendees.

Let me do a quick postmortem that I can use for future events (any input would be appreciated)...

Stealables:
Perfect amount for the area. Might want to decrease respawn time a little bit

Monsters:
The themed monsters had their cold resist bumped to almost 100 so wither spam was basically null against them which was perfect. Maybe reduce their HP or increase the chance of QuestItem drops? Need a bleed attack monster. The heavy influx (quick respawn time) of zombies/skeletons/normal undead made the area seem like a warzone which played nicely. The traps also wrecked their fair share of havoc, killing many retreating players that didn't notice the giant spike until it was too late!

Boss Monsters:
Reduce their overall HP. Somehow make it so folks can't "claim" them for themselves and reward all attackers somehow. Create more unique battles instead of "tank and spank".

Prizes:
Place prize vendors earlier in the event. Perhaps add a "good item" (weapon/armor) that can only be collected once per account. I heard complaints that there was "nothing good" to get as a prize which I take with a grain of salt but still want add something else. Deco prizes were excellent and worked well with the theme.

Good times. Now it's time for a break to get some Christmas stuff ready!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:09:18 AM by Expo »

November 05, 2014, 03:28:15 PM
Reply #11

Offline Tiea

I loved this event! Only thing I didn't find was the stealable candle, maybe next year! Hehe

November 05, 2014, 10:39:35 PM
Reply #12

Offline Cal-El

that was the most fun ive had in a while :] awesome event cant wait for the next!! look forward to the challenge :D

September 24, 2015, 10:39:25 AM
Reply #13

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Resurrecting an old post because it's an epic one and contains lots of useful information and great pictures.