Author Topic: "balance" on non-bow/throwing weapons  (Read 1261 times)

November 21, 2013, 03:42:34 PM

Offline Pidgyn

As a bushido/parry user, there are templates around which one can build around to use 1-handed weapons to be able to drink potions, and also be able to parry (because of the bushido).  Because of the changes to bushido/parry, if you wear a 1-handed wep you have a 0% chance to parry.  To accommodate people who wish to use potions who intended to do so under the original function of bushido/parry, perhaps there should be a way to put "balance" onto melee weps!

to make this idea not so over-powered, i suggest "balance" only to be able to be put onto 2-handed weps or 1-handed weps that were at one time 2-handed but ppl paid ED to make them 1-handed.

Thanks for your time!

November 21, 2013, 06:50:51 PM
Reply #1

Offline Keldon

hmm, interesting thoughts.  I will have to do some coding/testing and see if a good game balance can be made in relation to 1 handed weapons and potion use.
Just a ghost

November 29, 2013, 05:03:07 PM
Reply #2

Offline Sturger

Perhaps a quest involving Bushido, allows all weapons to act as though they are balanced, but only if the character has legendary Bushido and has completed the quest, mentioned.

If I remember correctly: drinking a potion in combat has a timer, and takes you out of combat for awhile in doing so. After the animation to drink a potion is finished, you continue combat.

There is also a timer that delays the use of  potion after potion of greater heal potions in combat.

My point is this, I like Pidgyn's idea, but I wish to improve upon it, further. Using potions in combat should just be allowed. Being unable to use a potion, because your holding a bulky weapon is silly. Weapons have sheathes, or pointed ends into which they can be planted into the ground. Doing this is represented by the, drinking a potion animation.

Let the sitting duck drink a potion.

Be well all.

December 04, 2013, 04:29:23 PM
Reply #3

Offline Warboss

"Perhaps a quest involving Bushido, allows all weapons to act as though they are balanced, but only if the character has legendary Bushido and has completed the quest, mentioned."

I really like that idea, not just for this, but for a lot of things.

A quest ( not that is based on BS like a spawn once every 7 hours ) that no information is placed out and people just need to find things ( like a stone to convert x to y, then y to z, then z to the original) would be pretty awesome to have.

And I always enjoy how stuff is out there to find for those with an adventurous spirit.

Good idea overall.