Author Topic: pets being used in PVP. specifically werewolves  (Read 14307 times)

May 27, 2016, 12:47:40 PM
Reply #50

Offline Sturger

Okay lets settle this.  Black sheep at 10 paces, everyone involved make a circle. Release your pets: GO!

(eats popcorn)

Thanks for the classic troll-all-night novella... it was a funny read.

--Sturger--

May 27, 2016, 05:50:06 PM
Reply #51

Offline Cain

just out of curiosity straight. do you know what a rule is
or is this your forum to decide the rules?

June 01, 2016, 08:01:22 AM
Reply #52

Offline Marty Nosmon

"Then Marty I don't know who you are and I don't care as you can see I have enough ass clown stalkers. I don't need more so just climb your ass back into whatever hole you came out of. K Thanks"
[/size][/color]
I really don't know how someone like you exists on a shard like Evo. Probably because people are too nice to really get you to leave. Glad you acknowledge that you are a miserable person though.

June 12, 2016, 02:35:49 PM
Reply #53

Offline Vividos

I've always liked the risk-reward system when it comes to PvP.  There shouldn't be risk free ways to fight someone.  So ideas that come to mind:

- make area peace potent in PvP against pets
- allow provo/discord a chance to unbound pets
- add ANTI-PET PVP traits to gear (you can create a whole mess of  PvP related abullies actually)
- allow dispell to unsummon pets and stable them in combat
- have pets take increased damage from other players.

June 23, 2016, 04:00:44 AM
Reply #54

Offline Thunder

I've always liked the risk-reward system when it comes to PvP.  There shouldn't be risk free ways to fight someone.  So ideas that come to mind:

- add ANTI-PET PVP traits to gear (you can create a whole mess of  PvP related abullies actually)

There is no Risk at all, you die you rez, your stuff will all be in your pack.  Please tell me where there is any risk.

June 23, 2016, 07:00:37 AM
Reply #55

Offline Avelany

I'm not a very knowledgeable person when it comes to UO overall (the special gear, little tricks, quests, history, etc - I just haven't played that much of it in comparison to a lot of you), but I do agree that, especially on Evo, the risk of PvP is nil. The only time you might have ANY risk whatsoever is if your pet dies and gets kicked for it with penalties, but that is avoidable easily enough if you pay attention, and even in worst case scenario - it is fixable with ointments and pet repair system (yes - expensive and hard to do, maybe, but...).

If we want an exiting PvP on this server? Make it risky.. Make it dangerous. Worthewile, but dangerous. Make reds have chance to lose some of their insured/blessed items if they get smacked, or something along the lines. Make changes as above, especially I liked the option for pets to go bonkers, hehe. With whole bunch of such smaller changes - pvp can be more than a sparring, which it is right now, where people (if it is two pvpers meet in the field) testing each other's skill or pure gank/run away (if it is red catches blue in fel and decides to have fun). In either cases - there is no loss or gain whatsoever.
Characters:
Tarogr Avelany

June 23, 2016, 08:14:41 AM
Reply #56

Offline Sagemoon

I really dont get into the PVP scene, but I do have a few things I think Id like to mention.

1. I do think music abilities peace/area peace/dicord/provoke should be part of pvp, not just only against pets
2. I dont think a pet should EVER be unbindable (Those suckers are expensive to get/creat (How about when someone XYZs you, a piece of your gear becomes deleted...just a comparison...I dont want that either)
3. Its funny, for every new fad in pvp has someone screaming NERF NERF NERF XYZ, but seriously, this is just the flavor of the month. I would rather have players figure out other creative ways to do pvp. Pets are a great way for new players to get out & explore the world with some safety. Hell, I would use pets, just to keep pks off me so I could play in peace.
4. mmm, ok, then how about allow dispel to send the attacker to jail(not jail jail, just a "stable" for agressives) for an hour then too.
5. Pets/players dont need this, you just arent thinking about the issue, the answer is actually pretty simple & straightforward.

Its been stated several times, EVO is not a PVP server, it tolerates it, but balance cant be met. 

Yes, I know, you crave death, blood, mayhem, but, well....Most of us dont, its just not EVOs general mentality.

Sorry...

Sage

June 30, 2016, 03:56:33 PM
Reply #57

Offline MisterTuggles

I think Kane should just cycle through skills, make one OP every few weeks, then nerf it back down after buffing the next skill.

This would keep people on their toes.

Har har har har har.