Author Topic: pets being used in PVP. specifically werewolves  (Read 14308 times)

May 20, 2016, 12:56:31 AM
Reply #25

Offline coolhandluke

I am able to survive other peoples pets just fine. I have yet to ever die to a pet.

May 20, 2016, 09:35:05 AM
Reply #26

Offline Warboss

With the trait system in development I think it's too early to state the affairs of pets in PvP.

If a new player is all in starter astro demon came and complained that people with high magery like dark pony are suicide to fight and imagery needs to be nerfed, older vets might disagree. If the same player fought Cain and complained that they can't compete with the gear and sockets and it is suicide and sockets need a nerf, vets might disagree.

May 20, 2016, 04:56:47 PM
Reply #27

Offline MisterTuggles

Coolhand. you've not ran into a five pack of two slot elder WW or a manticore yet :-)

Heck, I think 3x any of the double dmg donation pets would walk through someone pretty quickly.

May 21, 2016, 11:07:08 AM
Reply #28

Offline coolhandluke

Just Do whirl wind with your champ axe.

May 24, 2016, 08:01:46 PM
Reply #29

Offline Cain

not true at all actually. he rides a manticore. which can easily outrun/telestomp a player and will chase them 10+ screens away and keep up with them enough to do damage. and can kill a player with two hits. it's not a matter of that at all. pony likes the challenge, so in a way it is self gimping. same case for me as well, it'd be stupid if all i did was drop pets and watch people die. that's why i refuse to use them, in cases like cool hand luke; where that's all he can really do is drop pets to get a kill, it's pretty much his only strategy he has. if more than one person comes against him, even if it's me and pony for example, against him, his manticore, and two werewolves, he will yell that we're ganking and leave and refuse to fight either of us. i dont care if pets get nerfed or not honestly. i'll stand and fight them and either win or lose.

May 25, 2016, 03:35:59 AM
Reply #30

Offline Cito

I personally think just as you have dexxers and eval mages, tamer should be a build viable in PvP. It takes time to build a suit and get the right pets and level them. Just because they don't fight with their avatars directly doesn't make it an easy class to play. Just as the other "classes" have micromanagement, so does the Tamer "class". This is just my 2 cents.
Cito Alcotar
-Medieval Cowboy-
Come see my vendor at Unholy Trinity Vendor Mall..

May 25, 2016, 04:37:51 AM
Reply #31

Offline MisterTuggles

Harper, I have 5 two slot elder WW's, and 3x magical elves if you want to test how those are. I think the wolves would drop you pretty quick, elves, I am not so sure about.

And Cito, it only takes +10 or so animal lore to fully control the highest end donation pets. No real skill or time involved in getting that. Now, if Kane were to expand upon the trait, breeding, pet system that allowed people to create pets that were on par/better than donation pets.... that would be completely alright, and something worth seeing. I can see it now, a 3 herd of Rune Beetles doing double damage, and stacking deadly poison! I think the largest downside to non-donation pets is A) the lack of double damage, and B) Almost all pets with instinct bonus are junk.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:45:00 AM by MisterTuggles »

May 25, 2016, 07:07:27 AM
Reply #32

Offline Cito

When I talk about building a suit, I mean in the creation of the pets. Some of the tameable pets can be decent when used the right way. I can think of a few combinations that would be decent. The trait system seems very random but I have seen some awesome pets. There is a decent point difference with and without a suit. If a tamer takes the time to find best specimens (stat and DNA wise) then it still takes a lot of work (especially with low HP pets) to make them into something formidable.
Cito Alcotar
-Medieval Cowboy-

May 25, 2016, 12:30:45 PM
Reply #33

Offline coolhandluke

Little cain is a cry baby plain and simple! All he does is gank he has no problem killing my pets just ask him any other place then here. In fact the more pets I use the easier it is to kill them with whirl wind attack. Bc you leech more heath with more targets just like a succubus. Wolves were nerfed from 2 slots to 3 the manicore is a 300 dollar donation pet and Its just ok considering how much it costs. The only reason these babygirls want a nerf is bc i showed em how a tamer hybrid can wreck them. Scared babies just cry!

May 25, 2016, 12:35:15 PM
Reply #34

Offline Kartonian

They may have nerfed werewolves from 2 to 3 slots however there are still several players with 5x 2 slot ww's out there which when at lvl 50 and with maxed out stats will wreck most anyone.

May 25, 2016, 02:03:46 PM
Reply #35

Offline coolhandluke

I pvp every day never seen that.

May 25, 2016, 02:30:46 PM
Reply #36

Offline Kartonian

I know of two players for certain that have 5 2 slot ww's and I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple more out there.  Just because they aren't out in fel pvp'ing doesn't mean they won't decided to go out there one day.

May 25, 2016, 02:45:26 PM
Reply #37

Offline MisterTuggles

Harper, you say the non-donation pets are "free", but they cost the most valuable resource known to man, time.

I can confirm there are two people, myself included, that have a full herd of two slot elder WWs. They are no longer available by any means as far as I know.

As to not having seen 5 elder WW's out for PvP.... I have been trying everything in an attempt to NOT resort to this type of PvP, but as we are boxed into either eval mage, or crap dexxer I may just have to. That, plus everything else other than mage/swords being crap has somewhat turned me off of the game at the moment. Still jump on to peddle my goods though.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:50:41 PM by MisterTuggles »

May 25, 2016, 05:05:31 PM
Reply #38

Offline Cito

the donation pets are signifigantly stronger than any tameable pet. So to call yourself a tamer hybrid is a joke.
Cito Alcotar
-Medieval Cowboy-

May 26, 2016, 09:19:28 AM
Reply #39

Offline coolhandluke

Your a joke you spend all day playing this game and your still bad. That sounds like a funny joke to me. Get good

May 26, 2016, 10:10:45 AM
Reply #40

Offline Marty Nosmon

Luke, you come on the world chat screaming about people treating you poorly and being as you say "bigots" towards you.
Yet I see you here acting like a petulant teenager, trolling and just being unpleasant to people that are trying to have a civil conversation. I think you need to sit back and think about why you are treated poorly before you bleat and whinge over world chat next time.

May 26, 2016, 11:21:47 AM
Reply #41

Offline Cito

Your a joke you spend all day playing this game and your still bad. That sounds like a funny joke to me. Get good

Of course I'm not good at PvP since i don't do it. That's like saying a baseball player sucks at football. By the way you need to work on your grammar. Donation pets are overpowered and if you want to be a tamer then try using regular pets.
Cito Alcotar
-Medieval Cowboy-

May 26, 2016, 10:45:53 PM
Reply #42

Offline Cain

agree'd tamers should be viable in pvp, but if you're going to rock donation pets in pvp make it so you need that 240 lore or something rediculous to use them, if i put 10 lore on my suit, i could do everything cool hand does or odareum does without ever losing a bit of my damage

May 26, 2016, 10:54:46 PM
Reply #43

Online Odareum

Yeah dont mind Hoodrat hes just out there putting in work for the hood. I can say as probably one of the most prolific users of donation pets in pvp they are easily countered. The more pets you drop on me the easier I stay alive. The fire breath is a bit op when you have a bunch of pets but then you cycle back around to more pets being a problem for the person controlling them. I can only currently run 4 ww's so havent had a chance to test tactics vs 5 but im fairly sure it would end up similar. With proper skills if you are the person being attacked by a pack of 5 ww's will be 0 problem so long as you do things correctly. Now if you are the attacker you could have a problem. Im going to pull a Kane here and not tell you all the details on the tactics for how to do this but its there. Test and figure it out :)

Oh and coolhand is wrong hoodrat has put in work for the hood on him.

And whats with this karma thing? how did this post give me -1 karma?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:53:01 PM by Odareum »

May 26, 2016, 11:47:32 PM
Reply #44

Offline coolhandluke

Here is cain dead right in the middle of the pits no pets involved. He is just a big cry baby. I'm not sure where he gets all his cheerleaders from but I heard a rumor he buys his friends.

Cito, Odie, and Marty is it.

Ill address your issues in order of hilarity.

Cito saying you don't pvp in uo is like saying you don't swim in diving. You have to its the nature of the beast. Now I have a screen of you dead in the duel pits. Were you taking a break from not pvping that day? I'm really confused. Oh wait your just a dumb liar. People ask me why I take and keep screenshots. Its bc this isn't my first rodeo and your not the first liar I ran into.

Odie you are a decent player. I have some respect for you. I don't know why you keep ganking me. It's a free world tho. Your pet game is not that good bro. I don't think you understand a few basic concepts. Its ok tho. Any time you wanna 1v1 field or pits I will pwn you into the ground.

Then Marty I don't know who you are and I don't care as you can see I have enough ass clown stalkers. I don't need more so just climb your ass back into whatever hole you came out of. K Thanks

May 26, 2016, 11:55:26 PM
Reply #45

Offline Cito

You are wrong sir. I duel for fun,I dont do actual PvP. I have never called myself a Pvper. SO call me a liar all you want. I dont seek out PvP in any thing other than the occasional duel and then I only duel for fun. So continue with your pathertic attempts at insults. It just shows your true character.
Cito Alcotar
-Medieval Cowboy-

May 27, 2016, 12:00:41 AM
Reply #46

Offline Cain

please refer me to where i cried
also please stay on topic when a post is about taming.

May 27, 2016, 12:01:40 AM
Reply #47

Online Odareum

Wait am I bad or do I gank you? The reason I fight you is because you are the leader of a rival guild. As for I dont understand concepts? You came to ME for advice on how do use/deal with pets. You exploited the bracelet of binding to tree me then dip out of a fight where you dropped 3 ww's on me and I was killing them/you. I am at a loss for why you talk so much crap, we both clearly want pvp. Why dont you be respectful, recruit and train a decent pvp guild and we can have good fights. I even tried being friendly with you when I first got back. What do you do? Talk crap in game, on the forum, and now im being told your crap talking me and the rest of us on facebook. Like really?

May 27, 2016, 01:53:05 AM
Reply #48

Offline coolhandluke

Wow you guys responded fast. Look man I don't want a bunch of drama. It was fun for a while but I'm board of it. I know its hard but you have to move on.

Just so we are clear.
Nothing is wrong with pets. Your all bad. The end.

May 27, 2016, 02:27:52 AM
Reply #49

Offline Smilingdeath

And whats with this karma thing? how did this post give me -1 karma?

Players vote the karma for you, so some clicked the -karma button on it.