Author Topic: How did you find our shard?  (Read 24294 times)

April 09, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

Online Evolution

• "The Game has Evolved" www.uoevolution.com
  • Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com
Let us know how you found our shard and why you chose to play on UO Evolution.  This will help us find the best place to attract new players and create a thriving playerbase.  We also give rewards for referrals and for voting our shard as your favorite place to play on the Top List Sites!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:24:44 PM by Evolution »

April 10, 2011, 01:03:04 AM
Reply #1

Offline Blackrose

• Blackrose Trading Co.
Found you through connectuo and was interested because well I like playing new servers and well so far the staff is awsome and very helpful.

April 15, 2011, 03:02:22 PM
Reply #2

Offline Lightweave

Join UO top shard list is how I located the shard. I used the filter to locate a shard with custom crafting. I chose to stay and play because although help was offered  to me it was not mandatory to accept. Thank you Zeus and Dante. The deciding factor was the first thing that the rules and wiki stated was this was a mature shard. It has been great.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:44:48 PM by Evolution »

April 25, 2011, 10:18:20 PM
Reply #3

Gunner

8) I found the shard through ConnectUO after deciding to switch to freeshards after the 12 yrs of OSI and drama. Came to find Evolution which sounded interesting and so far its feeling like home so thx to the staff and other players for welcoming me hope to see yas for a long time  8)

May 13, 2011, 06:39:27 PM
Reply #4

Offline Jaco

i found UoE trough connect uo , looking for free shards, with customs , far away from bored osi style shards, with slow gain with skills that takes ever. im happy here,  so i found that i was looking for, congrats

June 05, 2011, 03:20:37 PM
Reply #5

Offline iStealth

• Whats up whats up
I guess I originally saw uo evolution on a top list at my sisters place.  Her internet has a limit and I'm not allowed to play ultima on it or whatever.  So when I went to the neighbors with my laptop and found I got internet over there from somewhere I was quick to jump on this shard and start playing.  Since then I've patched fully and played and even placed a house but now im afraid that the internet has gone away so now im stuck wanting to play badly but not being able to and it sucks.  Anyways it was Dante that brought me to this shard and i'm glad he did. hopefully ill find internet again and will be able to continue playing. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:47:49 PM by Evolution »
“There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing.
“I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

“Yeah, it's a cure-all. My buddy Jonah broke his elbow one time. He just smoked some weed. It still clicks, but it's cool.

June 05, 2011, 03:29:46 PM
Reply #6

Offline lokithor

Was looking at free shards. Tried Second Age but didnt care for how old it was. Looked through a few other shards and stumbled upon this one lol.

June 21, 2011, 12:10:57 PM
Reply #7

Offline Loxley

Found it through top gamesites 200
And that's how the cookie crumbles....

June 28, 2011, 12:39:23 PM
Reply #8

Online billtcat

My current shard has been having numerous issues leading to resets and such. I looked on the top 200 list and tried several shards but I really have liked what I have seen here. Looks like there is lots to do in the crafting areas which is what I mainly like.

Bill The Cat
[img]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j438/billtcat/billthecatSig.jpg[img]

July 04, 2011, 03:05:33 PM
Reply #9

faffza

Google helped me, love custom shards and after the 6 year break i was really hoping to find a good friendly shard to play on :P Found one on the first attempt :P

July 18, 2011, 01:42:57 PM
Reply #10

Offline cyberraider

Well I played back when UO first started played for 8 years then me and ex divorced and didnt have the money for my 2 accounts. So after a few years started to play on uohybrid played there for a year. Then went on top 100 sites and found this shard since I came over here I have closed my hybrid account and play here only.

July 30, 2011, 01:29:34 AM
Reply #11

Offline Stealthyn

Hi everyone, I'm brand new tonight, I found this on top 100 sites as well. I haven't played in years but I really missed the community and friends from back in the day. I'm a single parent with a job so my schedule doesn't work with a game I have to spend 8 hours raiding in. Seemed like a perfect fit for me. Hope to see you all ingame!

Stealthyn

August 18, 2011, 09:29:50 AM
Reply #12

Offline Zodiark12

Did a Google search using this criteria : Ultima online shard

Got this website : http://www.xtremetop100.com/ultima-online
Which is a top 100 UO server

Checked all server one by one from the top to bottom. Had a feeling for this server while checking the website and wiki. Founded that the weapon leveling system was interesting, the player leveling too. I was looking for a complete server with population. I was used to play on francophone RP server and wanted to change a little bit.

Didn't try it up to now since I came just in time for your major down, but I'll be happy to try it when the team will be done restoring the server.

August 19, 2011, 05:29:17 PM
Reply #13

Offline Bohdi

• "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
Found the site via my scoundrel brother Asita.  I used to play long ago but have been shipped around the world for a while and haven't played in seven years.  Love the shard and the staff, don't have a lot of time but I'm glad I'm here.  Thanks Asita...Jerk!!

August 20, 2011, 07:47:01 PM
Reply #14

compassion

Found on connectUO, I was seeking a relaxing place to play and well Evolution has it! once I logged in the staff was so kind! and the money thingy in your bag is awsome and the blessed bag! oh my goodness its a dungeon hunters dream! plus I was drawn in by the level system and such listed as I have never seen this before!

Safe to say Evolution is now offically the only shard I play! yay Evo team!

August 21, 2011, 02:21:32 AM
Reply #15

Offline Satan

• Ferox Deo Vacuus Vinco
I found you guys through one of the Top100 sites while voting for the Pandora shard I have been playing on. After playing your shard for 2 nights I want to leave Pandora and restart on UoE. The Staff is awesome, the features are cool, everything is fresh and new. I've been playing UO for over 12 years and this looks like the best shard I've ever seen. I hope you guys get through the kinks. Good luck!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

August 21, 2011, 01:20:35 PM
Reply #16

Offline Twizted

GOOGLE FTW! and I decided to play here for the leveling system and levelable weapons... the pet breeding / bioengineering played a factor as well ;)

August 21, 2011, 01:25:53 PM
Reply #17

Offline faind

CUO was looking for "level" and some popped into the list and this one sounded best so gave it a shot.

September 21, 2011, 08:41:46 PM
Reply #18

Offline Aiden Blackwood

was walking down the road and went into a radio shack.. and there it was the evo box set with all 3 seasons on it..   so after voting i got on evo lol..

September 21, 2011, 11:08:26 PM
Reply #19

Offline krill

found this shard on one of the voting sites and seen this shard was similar to one that i have used to play and seen it was an adult server to lol dante knows wat im talikng about

September 22, 2011, 01:38:09 AM
Reply #20

Offline Nameless

September 22, 2011, 07:12:00 AM
Reply #21

Offline Arias

www.joinuo.com

Ty and welcome to the shard
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:59:42 PM by Evolution »

September 22, 2011, 07:16:31 AM
Reply #22

Offline shatera

top 200 site

September 22, 2011, 12:23:28 PM
Reply #23

Offline Nworb

• -Θωμᾶς
Honestly I can't remember. One of the top sites though

September 22, 2011, 08:44:14 PM
Reply #24

Offline Mad Season

• Don't taze me, Bro!!!
I decided to play on the shard when i saw my friend Drachen's paragon dragon. I though this was the coolest thing ive seen on any shard. Its one of the main reasons i stuck around.