Author Topic: Ooo OoO OOoo! Haunted Hallows 2016!  (Read 5039 times)

October 10, 2016, 11:27:35 PM

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
The Haunted Hallows returns for 2016! ALL LEVELS of the Haunted Hallows are open!

Moongate --> Quests, Events & Games --> Expo's Event Hall

I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it but meh, this place is quite fun and I've had multiple people asking if it was going to be open this year. So... I guess so!
  • Witch Hunter Gear is available once again!
  • Talk to the two Skeletons hanging out by the display cases
  • You must gather 100 Pumpkin Treats and 3 Overflowing Bags of Candy to purchase one piece of Gear
  • Leg and Chest pieces
  • Witch Hunter's Gear has RANDOM STATS and 0-3 skills placed on it when purchased
  • It can be a trick... or quite a nice treat!

Make sure to also check out the Haunted Hallows 2015 video! There are some tips and tricks that'll really help out inside this wicked place!

Haunted Hallows events throughout the years...
2012 (original posts were unfortunately deleted long ago)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 02:16:37 AM by Expo »

October 11, 2016, 01:30:26 AM
Reply #1

Offline Sagemoon

Ahh, Ooo, Expo, yay! *hugs you*

I soooo LOVE Halloween! Now I know where Wicked Gear came from, must get me some!

*jumps up & down with excitement*

Sage

October 11, 2016, 08:33:23 PM
Reply #2

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness

October 11, 2016, 11:14:57 PM
Reply #3

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Ahh, Ooo, Expo, yay! *hugs you*

I soooo LOVE Halloween! Now I know where Wicked Gear came from, must get me some!

*jumps up & down with excitement*

Sage
Thanks Sagemoon =)

And wow I love how UO looks with the Dark Nights and Lighting effects as seen in the images above. You should all try it.

October 13, 2016, 04:38:56 AM
Reply #4

Offline Smilingdeath

Imagine having a Harrower in that place.  Wonder if we could convince Kane to do that for us for Halloween.

October 13, 2016, 08:16:48 AM
Reply #5

Offline Sagemoon

I havent done so in a bizillion years, but I agree, have to find the lighting settings & give the dark nights/lighting a try. I do so very much like the effects you put in for the Event.

*hugs*

Sage

October 16, 2016, 11:35:57 PM
Reply #6

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
ALL levels of the Haunted Hallows are open now.

Level Two - The Nightmarish Butcher's Lair
Where? - West Side of the Haunted Hallows, at the BRIGHT ORANGE, Evil Looking Altar
How do I enter? - Say SMELL MY FEET while standing on the altar

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:49:28 AM by Expo »

October 17, 2016, 12:26:39 AM
Reply #7

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Level Three - The Dark Hallows
Where? - North East corner of the Haunted Hallows, past the BRIGHT ORANGE DOORS
How do I enter? - Double click the BRIGHT ORANGE DOORS and walk down into the crypt

« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 12:28:29 AM by Expo »

October 17, 2016, 01:50:12 AM
Reply #8

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Here are SOME of the rewards from hunting in the Haunted Hallows!

October 17, 2016, 01:22:44 PM
Reply #9

Offline Smilingdeath

Watch out for the spike traps in level 3.  They can pin you in place over the top of the fire traps, which do a lot of damage even with maxed resistances.

October 24, 2016, 01:19:47 AM
Reply #10

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Watch out for the spike traps in level 3.  They can pin you in place over the top of the fire traps, which do a lot of damage even with maxed resistances.
I removed those traps now because they would sometimes block the path. Thanks for the comment!

October 24, 2016, 01:25:48 AM
Reply #11

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness
Check the forums and in-game announcements for the Haunted Hallows Power Hour!

All Pumpkin Treats, Overflowing Bags of Candy, Stealables and Halloween Horrors will spawn more quickly. Collect the Pumpkin Treats and Overflowing Bags of Candy for Halloween themed loot and extremely rare and powerful equipment!

There might also be surprises along the way...

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 01:31:37 AM by Expo »

November 13, 2016, 02:19:15 PM
Reply #12

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness

November 17, 2016, 08:11:16 PM
Reply #13

Offline Expo

• Global Moderator
  • The Nomadic One
    • RelExpo's Randomness

November 21, 2016, 04:07:27 PM
Reply #14

Offline senticore

The Hallows this year has been AWESOME - Loved the challenge and the prizes were sweet. Thanks for all your hard work Expo, it really is appreciated.

Without a doubt one of the most fun experiences ive had on UO due to the fighting, stealables, bosses to deal with, crazy power hours etc

Ill be the first in line when it reopens next year for sure

November 22, 2016, 12:18:16 PM
Reply #15

Offline Dr.Zoidberg

The Haunted Hollows just keeps getting better with age kinda like wine or scotch ^^ GM Expo is very dedicated to this Halloween event and it shows,it has to be the best event ive played in UO ever and it keeps surprising me i mean it has it all,horrific monsters,stealables,secrets,even movies characters :P but i was thinking theres only one thing missing to this event and thats a champ, yes The Haunted Hollows is an event that deserves its own champ its rea,ly the only thing missing a champ thats would be ope  for Octobre only like i dunno for example u need to collect certain items from the hollows bosses to start champ or something similar anyways all this to say *raises his glass* Expo thank you i love your event and keep coming back for it every year and you deserve all the support possible for it cant wait till HH 2017 ;)

November 22, 2016, 03:10:31 PM
Reply #16

Offline jurppa

The Haunted Hollows just keeps getting better with age kinda like wine or scotch ^^ GM Expo is very dedicated to this Halloween event and it shows,it has to be the best event ive played in UO ever and it keeps surprising me i mean it has it all,horrific monsters,stealables,secrets,even movies characters :P but i was thinking theres only one thing missing to this event and thats a champ, yes The Haunted Hollows is an event that deserves its own champ its rea,ly the only thing missing a champ thats would be ope  for Octobre only like i dunno for example u need to collect certain items from the hollows bosses to start champ or something similar anyways all this to say *raises his glass* Expo thank you i love your event and keep coming back for it every year and you deserve all the support possible for it cant wait till HH 2017 ;)

Yeah, haunted hallows is awesome. Wish we had place like that open all year! Like your idea bout collecting stuff to open champ.