Author Topic: Targetting Players *Attention Everyone*  (Read 738 times)

October 02, 2017, 08:55:07 AM

Offline Kane

• Global Moderator
Erased by me because I am done with the bullies
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:38:27 PM by Kane »

October 02, 2017, 10:53:59 AM
Reply #1

Offline flokiwartooth

I say this with the up-most respect.  Isn't there a bounty system already in game?  This was just a fun thing to get people involved in pvp and was not mean to run anyone off the shard.  Pvp is a bit bully in nature as killing another person is rarely seen as a civil thing to do.  It is not personal and we never meant to cause anyone undo suffering or grief.  I did not create this but I have talked with other members and feel strongly that our intentions were only to make the game more fun by giving players an opportunity to "snitch for gold".  Very sorry this was seen as being done in such poor taste.  This is a concept that was seen and done in other formats and since there is a system similar in game we did not feel we were over stepping any boundaries.  Is there a better way we could implement a reward system for people to help increase pvp?  We are want to be inline with the rules and our goal is to have fun.  When we can get other guilds that enjoy pvp involved there is much less issues but for whatever reason it has been very hard to align times that work best for both groups.  Again, if you were offended by this (you the reader) we apologize.  It was not our intent.  And if you have any ideas to help build pvp on this, our beloved shard, please let us know.  In the future is there any way that we can insure that our ideas are inline with your ideas before this needs to get to the point of formal posts and mass mailing?  We are just trying to build pvp and keep people interested in pvp, it is a nasty business so we understand that it can make people uncomfortable but it is amazingly fun when you get to work as a team against people that will fight in unpredictable ways. 

October 02, 2017, 12:25:07 PM
Reply #2

Offline Kane

• Global Moderator
YOU DO NOT DECIDE HOW SOMEONE ELSE PLAYS

You do not have the right to put targets on people's back because YOU DECIDED to do it.  We have been this route before and it ends up with the bully attempting to chase people off the shard.. Keep your book if you want but know I am coming and if you think you can PK me.. you are mistaken. 

You are attempting to bully people.. Period.. None of you seem to listen, it seems to only be your way or the highway.. The exit ramp is now open if you want really go there with me on this matter.

You do not decide who plays here.. who stays here.. how someone can or able to play.. At this moment we have several members of your guild who seem to think they are untouchable and own this shard.. Even screenshots of players in ???? stating as much.  YOU DO NOT RUN THIS SHARD!!!  YOU DO NOT TELL PEOPLE HOW THEY WILL PLAY HERE!!!!  Period.

And if you think I am pissed because you want to bully players over the internet.. Yes I am.

October 02, 2017, 12:41:45 PM
Reply #3

Offline Des Sanct

I guess this is all based on perception. I knew nothing of this said book until a few hours ago. Yet for months I have known about a bounty system in the NEW guild house. You didnt say or do anything about that. But the screaming and yelling you are doing here on the forums is nothing short of bullying as well. I would appreciate it if you wouldnt make assumptions or jump to conclusions. Because a lot of us are innocent in whatever you think is happening but you never took a stand when almost the entire shard knew about Merlina running one. So what is the difference? You single out ???? over something the apparently just happened. Yet turn the cheek to the same thing that has been being run elsewhere since before I even joined this shard.

October 02, 2017, 12:45:41 PM
Reply #4

Offline Kane

• Global Moderator
I knew nothing about it and if New has one.. they have the same wrath coming as well...I have handled with KOS lists all the same.  Ask any player who has attempted to start or manage one.  So do not assume what KNOW. 

October 02, 2017, 12:46:24 PM
Reply #5

Offline Kane

• Global Moderator
You have been warned..

October 02, 2017, 12:51:09 PM
Reply #6

Offline Kane

• Global Moderator
New is now aware that this matter also concerns them as well.. As I stated there, I do not care how cute the name for the list is.. I do not care if 1 person or a guild.  You do not force your terms on other players period, they have the same right to play here as everyone else.  If you want just a PVP shard, this isn't the place for you.

October 02, 2017, 04:24:35 PM
Reply #7

Offline VINDICATOR

I said from the beginning its only a mater of time b4 Kane takes out the scum. Thanks for this as have been watching players drop for a while. We all support Kane!

And new guild having a kos list when they dont go pvping...hummm???  Kinda reminded me of my 10 year old..."Well he did it tooo" lol

October 02, 2017, 05:05:12 PM
Reply #8

Online Evolution

• "The Game has Evolved" www.uoevolution.com
  • Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com

Everyone please take a moment to read the rules, posted on the wiki for 7 years

http://uoevolution.com/wiki/index.php/Rules

Here are a few key points to consider:

This shard encourages dueling and guild rivalries. The human element mixed with dynamic combat is one of the features of Ultima that makes this game so exciting.

UO Evolution allows PVP combat but requires "Player Killers"(PK)to allow defeated players to fully recover before attacking them again. This shard does not allow "Rez Killing" or "griefing" other players. We allow for good vs evil roleplaying and want the shard to be fun for all.

Always try to be fair and consider how you would feel if the situation was reversed. If someone complains or is not having fun, then the rule of thumb is you were probably violating a rule

Do not target young, new or inexperienced players. Lessons can be learned without ruining a player's experience on this shard. Please use some common sense and common courtesy.

Never bully a player or intentionally try to run off a player either by actions or words. If there is a legitimate problem with a player, please notify a GM and let us take care of the situation.

So, all of that being said, please stop making "kill on sight" lists, or kill books to target players.  There is no need to make players on UO Evolution feel like they cant play on this shard without being griefed or bullied.

UO Evolution was specifically made to evolve away from the chaos, cursing and griefing from the original incarnation of the game.  We have created a great community, with a new set of rules and standards to make this shard different and "better than the original"

Please take all this in consideration when interacting with other players.  We work hard to increase the population and spend a lot of time and money to create this atmosphere.

In general, UO Evolution allows pvp, but is not the main focus of this shard, and the rules are very clear for 7 years.  The shard has prospered under these rules and guidelines and dont want the shard hijacked by a few players that want to make their own rules.

This shard was meant to be fun for all!  The staff is commited to making this shard continue to grow.  Any player that tried to sidetrack our goals or breaks the rules will be dealt with, as per the rules and punishment section of the wiki.  We will always be fair, but if you  are disrupting the majority of the shard and the staff, you will lose your priveleges to play here.

Please take time to reflect on the rules and this post.  Take a deep breath before responding, and realize this is an amazing place to play for everyone, and every play style.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:08:01 PM by Evolution »

October 02, 2017, 06:16:29 PM
Reply #9

Offline Merlina

We have a bounty system on EMISSARIES HEADS, they accept the game, its a way to give money to new players and make them play in team, know the places, because we make then run! its not the same as ?.?.?.? guild, we dont pretend to be the owners of the shard, and "we dont have problems with the size of our ..... (imagine what)" as most of the players in ?.?.?.? have. About our system, Domino knows the rules, and when i put a bounty its a joke that all players understand, the only one that was offended, because he has a personal problem, was Quatic. NONE NEVER REPORTED THIS GAME OR HAVE A PROBLEM. Quatic left the guild complaning, and guess where is he playing now? No comments.

October 02, 2017, 06:43:25 PM
Reply #10

Offline Des Sanct

We have a bounty system on EMISSARIES HEADS, they accept the game, its a way to give money to new players and make them play in team, know the places, because we make then run! its not the same as ?.?.?.? guild, we dont pretend to be the owners of the shard, and "we dont have problems with the size of our ..... (imagine what)" as most of the players in ?.?.?.? have. About our system, Domino knows the rules, and when i put a bounty its a joke that all players understand, the only one that was offended, because he has a personal problem, was Quatic. NONE NEVER REPORTED THIS GAME OR HAVE A PROBLEM. Quatic left the guild complaning, and guess where is he playing now? No comments.

So you put a bounty on a new player that wanted NO part in the game. You kill him in tram facet. You complain about dying in fel to pvp guilds? And this is all ok because it was YOUR system and it was for FUN. Why? Because its the only people you CAN kill and it IS FUN but you don't want to be on the receiving end of that fun. I'm tired of this false sense that ???? wants everyone to quit. I'm going to squash that LIE right now. We want ALL of YOU to come to fel so we have more people to kill. When you are done dying to us, feel free to go back to your 6 facets and farm more goods so you can come back and try again.

October 02, 2017, 06:45:59 PM
Reply #11

Offline Des Sanct

One more thing I'd like to add. We do take on a lot of players as well. Isn't it funny how quickly we get them up to par so they can play whatever facet they want on this shard? Don't believe me? Ask the warring PVP guilds that used to mow all of you guys down daily. We train our players well in every aspect except complaining!

October 02, 2017, 06:53:45 PM
Reply #12

Offline Merlina

Des Sanct you and you guild has the problem to CHANGE THE MEANING OF WHAT PEOPLE SAYS. I dont need to explain to you ANYTHING, staff has the logs of what happend that day, Quatic is a player that makes jokes to others BUT dont tolerate the jokes back, so its a bad player as most of your guild. Some of your guildies are very good players idk what are they doing there...

October 02, 2017, 07:24:42 PM
Reply #13

Offline draximus

"UO Evolution allows PVP combat but requires "Player Killers"(PK)to allow defeated players to fully recover before attacking them again. This shard does not allow "Rez Killing" or "griefing" other players. We allow for good vs evil roleplaying and want the shard to be fun for all."

I cant even tell you how many times I've been res killed, PM'd about it, and nothing happens. If we are enforcing this now, can my socketed vecna be returned?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:27:58 PM by draximus »

October 03, 2017, 03:20:41 AM
Reply #14

Online Thunder

I'm tired of this false sense that ???? wants everyone to quit. I'm going to squash that LIE right now. We want ALL of YOU to come to fel so we have more people to kill. When you are done dying to us, feel free to go back to your 6 facets and farm more goods so you can come back and try again.

The question isn't if you want every else to quit,  the question is do your actions cause others to quit?  How does you killing of innocent players over and over again improve the shard?  What is the point to killing those who pose no threat to you?   Just the tone of your post, shows that you intend to "own" Fel,  and everyone else can go back to their place.  I can't think of any PvP shard that has nears the population of EVO.

October 03, 2017, 03:49:44 AM
Reply #15

Offline Des Sanct

I'm tired of this false sense that ??? ? wants everyone to quit. I'm going to squash that LIE right now. We want ALL of YOU to come to fel so we have more people to kill. When you are done dying to us, feel free to go back to your 6 facets and farm more goods so you can come back and try again.

The question isn't if you want every else to quit,  the question is do your actions cause others to quit?  How does you killing of innocent players over and over again improve the shard?  What is the point to killing those who pose no threat to you?   Just the tone of your post, shows that you intend to "own" Fel,  and everyone else can go back to their place.  I can't think of any PvP shard that has nears the population of EVO.

You are only getting rez killed if you are trying to get a chunk of the loot table off of something. FEL is FEL. You ARE NOT entitled to free loot just because YOU don't want to partake in Pvp. Quit crying about it because your whining will not change the facet's ruleset.

October 03, 2017, 04:56:12 AM
Reply #16

Online Thunder

Quit crying about it because your whining will not change the facet's ruleset.

There you go again!  You are trying to dictate the ruleset,  that is not your call,  it is Dante's and Kane's call.  If anyone has a sense of entitlement it is you,  why do you feel you should be able to dictate how things are done in Fel?

October 03, 2017, 06:22:18 AM
Reply #17

Offline Des Sanct

Quit crying about it because your whining will not change the facet's ruleset.

There you go again!  You are trying to dictate the ruleset,  that is not your call,  it is Dante's and Kane's call.  If anyone has a sense of entitlement it is you,  why do you feel you should be able to dictate how things are done in Fel?

Kane/Dante. Care to chime in? This guy is as ignorant as they come. We all have repeatedly expressed the felucca facet ruleset and he still doesnt get it.

October 03, 2017, 09:13:38 AM
Reply #18

Offline Kane

• Global Moderator
Sure.. you make assumptions.. You do not determine the rules of the shard.. Dante does Period.

Like your statement regarding New.. Not even close to what ??? ? is doing.  Not even the same ball park.

Even I only make suggestions when it comes to rules of this shard, you don't get it.  I cannot tell you the number of times Dante and I have discussed a matter and he is the end all be all of the matter.  I respect that, this is his house.  The difference though which I think you do not grasp is Dante and I want the same thing, we want the shard to grow and be fun for everyone.  We may not agree sometimes on how to go about this but we have respect enough to know at the end of the day.. We want the same thing.  You have made it clear you just are concerned about your fun, not interested in what is fun for anyone else (and I will add this) not even concerned how many people you chase off the shard.  I come to this conclusion based on your actions and your comments.

I let Fel be Fel and as I stated above.. I tell people they need to deal with that but that also comes with a warning.. If a players/group actions undermine this shard, I will stop it.  You can either listen to the warning or feel the answer.  That is your choice, not mine.   

You assume everyone else is ignorant or makes assumptions..

??? ? isn't the first group we have had come here and think they own the shard or can tell staff how this shard is run.  Take a hint, we are still here.. we are still growing.  You are mistaken if you think you are going to run over me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:25:19 AM by Kane »

October 03, 2017, 09:55:45 AM
Reply #19

Online Evolution

• Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com

One last thing I would like to add.  This shard was made to be fair to all players.  The Evo staff is a team of adults that is very fair and dedicated to providing a fun atmosphere for all types of players.

Even though I do make the final decisions about rules and policy, I do consult with staff and discuss all our options in detail.  I also carefully consider many of the player's points of view.

The pvp players are a relatively smaller portion of the community, but provides a larger percentage of donations.  The pvp community is an imortant part of balancing the shard, protecting treasure in Felucca, and part of the larger economy.  Even though many players dislike pvp, it's an important element of Ultima Online that provides this balance.  Good vs Evil is what stimulates players, conflict always provides a reason to band together and defeat the opposing group. Many players are trying to influence me/bully me into changing rules for their personal benefit, which I just won't do.

I have carefully weighed all sides of this issue and am doing what is best for the shard, not just a few individuals who are making the most noise or by threats.  I do understand the frustration from both sides, but in the end I am taking the side of the majority of the players and the advice from the other staff members to simply enforce the current rules posted on the wiki

There will be no specific "kill on site" lists or books that specifically target a player by name.  No bullying or griefing players with the intent or results of quitting the shard

Please remember I want everyone to enjoy the great shard and want to grow the population.  If this is not your goal also then the staff and community will be in future conflict and you may not like the results when we have to referee or impose punishment for rule violations.

I ask everyone to make YOUR shard a better place by respecting the rules and the hard-working staff that provides this environment for everyone to enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:57:57 AM by Evolution »

October 03, 2017, 10:02:04 AM
Reply #20

Offline Des Sanct

Here is the problem with Thunders post... And since Kane, you want to come at me as if I am a bad apple, this will be directed for Dante. Thunder plays a character named Gronk who has this perception that if we kill him once, he is entitled to keep coming back to hit a champ for scrolls. He DOES NOT leave, he continually comes back for more and more then cries he is being rez killed. So since Kane wants to keep trying to read between the lines, Dante would you please clarify that the rules of engagement apply to Thunder and it is NOT rez killing?

A player has a safe timer, to leave/escape a pk encounter. if you decide to stay and re-engage you can be killed again.  For example, if you stay and curse or smack talk at the person that killed you, expect to die again...if you stay in the area after you have been killed at a champ spawn and continue with the champ, a pk might kill you again.  This is called pvp/pk and is legal in Felucca

If you are a player that has been killed, you should quietly leave the area.  If you are pursued when attempting to leave or escape and are killed again and again, that is considered res killing and a form of griefing
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:51:42 AM by Evolution »

October 03, 2017, 11:06:58 AM
Reply #21

Online Thunder

Here is the problem with Thunders post... And since Kane, you want to come at me as if I am a bad apple, this will be directed for Dante. Thunder plays a character named Gronk who has this perception that if we kill him once, he is entitled to keep coming back to hit a champ for scrolls. He DOES NOT leave, he continually comes back for more and more then cries he is being rez killed. So since Kane wants to keep trying to read between the lines, Dante would you please clarify that the rules of engagement apply to Thunder and it is NOT rez killing?

A player has a safe timer, to leave/escape a pk encounter. if you decide to stay and re-engage you can be killed again.  For example, if you stay and curse or smack talk at the person that killed you, expect to die again...if you stay in the area after you have been killed at a champ spawn and continue with the champ, a pk might kill you again.  This is called pvp/pk and is legal in Felucca

If you are a player that has been killed, you should quietly leave the area.  If you are pursued when attempting to leave or escape and are killed again and again, that is considered res killing and a form of griefing

Where in my post did I complain about you rez killing me, you are making assumptions again,  I never mentioned rez killing. The bottom line is you do not see how you actions drive others from the shard.  You like to point the finger at others. 

October 03, 2017, 11:09:37 AM
Reply #22

Online Evolution

• Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com
No need for finger pointing anymore, the rules are clear, the res killing rules are posted above with examples and now everyone can get back to playing the game and having fun