Author Topic: How did you find our shard?  (Read 18458 times)

December 20, 2013, 11:03:33 PM
Reply #50

Offline WinterRose

Oslin and I have played on a few different shards and normally after about a month we became either irritated with the staff and the way they treated people, or the limitations that they offered.  I looked for new shards through www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline.  When we logged in we both were immediately welcomed to the shard by both Zoe and Dante.  Soon after, other players began to welcome us, explain how to get around and how to purchase items off the stone.  It did not take us long before we realized that this was our new shard, which is the way we look at it, "Our Shard", not only for Oslin and I, but forever one else that has chosen this one over all others out there. 

March 18, 2014, 06:51:28 PM
Reply #51

Offline Brontu

Haven't played UO in nearly 10 years.  I was playing another shard (pre-T2A) and really hated it so clicked their VOTE link and found this shard on JoinUO.

I was always a trammie in OSI so this place is perfect.  Thanks for making it.  I've got a lot to learn and I'm sure I'll be donating soon.

March 18, 2014, 10:56:47 PM
Reply #52

Offline Kyn

Haven't played UO in nearly 10 years.  I was playing another shard (pre-T2A) and really hated it so clicked their VOTE link and found this shard on JoinUO.

I was always a trammie in OSI so this place is perfect.  Thanks for making it.  I've got a lot to learn and I'm sure I'll be donating soon.

I love JoinUO ;)

March 27, 2014, 04:09:43 PM
Reply #53

Offline thehelper

I was playing on another free shard,but due to very lil player base and everything was just to easy. as i was voting one day i saw the ad for EO n decided to check it out. Well i like the challenges here and more active players aswell, I am leaving behind well over 200 mill gold n 10 mill tokens along with my 3 houses and other belongings but it has been well worth it ill be a long time player here n will be voting everyday for Evolution :)

April 12, 2014, 05:50:12 PM
Reply #54

Online Evolution

• "The Game has Evolved" www.uoevolution.com
  • Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com
Please be very specific as to which uo toplist or other advertisement made you come to UO Evolution.  It really helps me determine how to spend our advertising budget

Thank you all for all the great info

April 21, 2014, 11:43:43 AM
Reply #55

Offline Symphony

I ran a new player guild on another shard and recruited some folks that had previously played here. I wrote down the name of the shard and decided to check it out when I was looking for a new place to call home.  :)

April 21, 2014, 02:33:29 PM
Reply #56

Offline Akashiel

I started like 20 days ago, cant remember Where exactly did i see an ad, but im 99% sure it was Facebook! i had played Uo Hybrid before and heard of Evolution but never checked it out (i had stopped playing uo for like 2 years) and when i saw the add i said to myself "Oh i said i would try that shard!" and here i am :D

June 07, 2014, 11:04:36 PM
Reply #57

Offline Highroller

I was bored with another free shard. Looked at either top 100 or top 200. This was the top ranked shard I saw that listed pet breeding on the shard. Checked it out and found old friends here. Still learning  the differences but am very impressed overall.

October 31, 2014, 04:07:52 PM
Reply #58

Offline Cassie H

I was just hunting around but I really had to hunt. :D There are two sites that come up first on my search anyway and this shard was not listed high on either site. Top 100 & Top 200. I would suggest that you reduce the number of voting sites - focus peoples voting energies on the two that come up the most often in searches. This will increase activity on these sites and you have a better chance (in my opinion) of making an impact. There are too many sites to vote on right now (I think) Also, other sites offer more tangible rewards for voting. It's a motivator for new players on the shard - a way to earn some easy money/eds/tokens - you could reward evo tokens, since evo dollars have a high value here. Financial gain motivates people who would otherwise be to lazy to bother :) The way of the world i guess.

June 09, 2015, 08:15:01 AM
Reply #59

Offline BrotherX

Googled "ultima online free shard" found http://www.xtremetop100.com/ultima-online

Googled "ultima online free"
Googled "ultima online free shard" found http://www.xtremetop100.com/ultima-online 
Found UOEvolution on the #1 spot
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:21:21 AM by Evolution »

June 10, 2015, 01:28:22 AM
Reply #60

Offline Leighton

a friend of me (delta) was playing here 1,5 years before and he told me about EVO...my main reason for playing here was at first the petsystem what allows to have 10 pets and so many players are online.

September 13, 2015, 09:49:12 AM
Reply #61

Offline Blackmamba

I found the shard through the first link on google. It was one of the voting sites (and this was at the top of the list), however, I don't remember which.

September 13, 2015, 12:39:00 PM
Reply #62

Offline Gothrond

The private server I played on for 7 years had to close down last week; I pondered uninstalling UO and forgetting about playing.

I looked on join.uo I think, and saw Evolution. I liked what I read, so here I came.

September 13, 2015, 07:39:23 PM
Reply #63

Offline Austin

I had originally played UO back in 1997 when it came out on the OSI shard Lake Superior. We used ICQ to chat lol. And of course played via dial up. I quit sometime after UOR or Third Dawn (I can't remember exactly when).

I rejoined OSI sometime in 2005 after Mondain's Legacy, but that only lasted about 6 months and then I moved on to other things.

Recently a coworker got me interested in UO again and I found this server when looking through one of the sites like these:

http://www.mmorpgtoplist.com/ultima-online
http://www.xtremetop100.com/ultima-online
http://www.joinuo.com/

I honestly don't think it was one in particular, but this shard was one of the ones in the top of the lists and when I read about it more via the wiki it seemed like a good fit.

So far, so good! I don't have a ton of time to play so it's been slow going but I'm working on it. :)

Hope to see you all out there!

Austin

August 26, 2016, 09:57:53 PM
Reply #64

Online Mandy Bear

My son kept telling me to come to this shard.  I guess he got tired of hearing me complain about the awful shards I joined and then quit.  He said, "No, no...this shard is different; it's right up your ally...You'll love it!"  Finally, I relented and logged on.  Son directed me to the NEW Guild and after meeting the wonderful people in NEW and seeing this amazing content in game I was and am hooked!

November 27, 2016, 03:05:15 PM
Reply #65

Offline bigbadart

• I Play For FUN!!
I played UO on osi and a couple other servers years ago. I recently decided to play again and the server i played on was dead, only a few people on ever. My sister played evo and suggested that i try it out, she spoke of wonderful things such as new Artifacts , Ancient tombs and Mythical Dragons, I was intrigued. I soon Created a toon and am sure glad i did!
Art

December 05, 2016, 01:14:44 PM
Reply #66

Online Evolution

• Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com
I'm going to start advertising heavily this month and would like a bit of input from the community. 

Please post the following info:

How did you find this shard?

-word of mouth?
-a specific top list?
-a specific search engine?
-Social Media?
-friend referral?

If you used a search engine, what key words did you use?

December 19, 2016, 10:06:00 AM
Reply #67

Offline Ambien

Hello everyone!

I found this server on the top 100 UO lists and decided to give it a chance.   One of the main things I also look for is to see if there is some recent posts on the forums, which compared to a number of servers this one had.   That gives me an idea of if the server is populated.

Been playing for a week now and it has been awesome.

April 25, 2017, 01:12:53 PM
Reply #68

Online Evolution

• Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com

Help us continue to make UO Evolution the #1 shard!

It takes an entire community to increase our population, and I think it is possible to hit this goal.  Many shards are failing while our shard gains daily!  Keep voting and help promote the shard on social media and on the forum boards, invite your friends and be nice to all the new players!

I'm going to put a lot of time and money into the advertising in May to try and get UO Evolution to the next level.  I think we can get to the 1000+ player online mark this year.  I encourage everyone to read my advertising post and do your best to help promote YOUR shard.  Any help is appreciated!

I have purchased several ads on Google and they seem to be getting 1500 views per day, which has translated into about 10 new accounts daily!

Please help the new players, the staff and New Player guild is very busy and could use a few more veterans to show the new players around

Here is a list of places to post and advertise the shard
http://www.uoevolution.com/wiki/index.php/Shard_Advertising

This is the UO Evolution facebook link, please use this site and like us for weekly info and updates.  I will add events and news to keep players in the loop.  Forward this to your friends and try to make it an active site!
https://www.facebook.com/UO-Evolution-Ultima-Online-Free-Shard-195686500452241/

Let us know how you found our shard and why you chose to play on UO Evolution.  This will help us find the best place to advertise for new players

If it was a toplist, try and be specific
If it was google or a search engine, please tell me what keywords you used
If it was a friend, tell me who referred you
If you saw my Evo banner, what website
If you saw my google ad, let me know
If you came from Facebook, let me know how you found us
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:40:17 AM by Evolution »

April 25, 2017, 08:33:34 PM
Reply #69

Offline DrMorrison

Some mmog's have an iPhone and Adroid app that doesn't actually allow gameplay but contains video, screenshots, and perhaps a widget that allows for accessing game info. This is likely a great way to expose evolution to gamers. You could make the app (essentially an advertising device) somewhat functional by allowing for links to the wiki pages. I'm sure the evolution community would download it droves and give it top ratings, pushing it into high visibility.

May 05, 2017, 07:53:05 AM
Reply #70

Offline Giafiordi

I'm a player of UO since many years ago, probably was 2001.
I'm italian, I spent many years on italian shards, I changed like 10 in 11 years and the biggest I've ever played had a record of 122 players but an average of only 43, so imagine the others.
After that I stopped playing for a while because I grew up and the fact I was pushed to restart and restart again more or less any year because the different shards closed was too hard.

One day I had the idea to check if the situation in international shards was the same like italians.
I really don't know why I didn't had this idea before.

Finally looking on google I found Evolution and I felt in love of it.
Many custom things.
Big community.
Possibility to get some stuff from donation.
Really present staff.
Fantastic scripter.
Many events.
Real dialogue between staff & players.

So finally even if in the last two years I didn't play so much I'm so happy to be part of this community.
Many thanks

Ganjalf

June 09, 2017, 05:52:15 AM
Reply #71

Offline Zavgard

was bored and reading in reddit randomly when i thought i just can look what the uo community is doing. half an hour later i found me in the "What server should I play on?" thread and was downloading uo evolution.

TL;DR:
voting sites
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad." - Pink Floyd

August 25, 2017, 12:47:26 PM
Reply #72

Offline hobin rood

I found this place via UOPortal. It was the top rated shard at the time, but I was really drawn by the player numbers. I also saw UOEvolution in a reddit. I posted your page on my facebook and I'm now actively recruiting players. Keep up the good work!

September 01, 2017, 04:04:36 PM
Reply #73

Offline Seether

I was on reddit and was in /mmporg saw a discussion about UO and nostalgia kicked in. I found some old Napa Valley articles and such (played from 97-10) and then on reddit went to /UO and that was it, saw the evolution and figured never played a free shard downloaded it and was immediately hooked. I have had nothing but fun since starting (6ish days ago) and met some super friendly people that have made the transition back into UO amazing (shout out to Mayhem and Quatic).

tl;dr - on reddit

September 07, 2017, 09:26:40 AM
Reply #74

Offline Swanhild

Family members who have played on different shards for years told me this shard was at the top and a good place to be.  So true!