Author Topic: How did you find our shard?  (Read 18436 times)

September 22, 2011, 10:20:14 PM
Reply #25

Offline The Limit

• Safety Not Guarenteed
    • Push It
was just randomly trying servers i found on the top 100. this one stuck out for the skill ball. stat ball. gold ledger. token ledger. and the exquisite training area sealed the deal

September 22, 2011, 11:29:16 PM
Reply #26

Offline kieler

was just randomly trying servers i found on the top 100. this one stuck out for the skill ball. stat ball. gold ledger. token ledger. and the exquisite training area sealed the deal

Ditto.

February 09, 2012, 03:23:20 PM
Reply #27

Offline tostig1

I saw you were listed at the top shard on www.gamezone100.com site, the description sounded great.  I decided to stay when I saw the Master Keyring option.  Im mainly a crafter and this is the slickest thing since sliced bread!

Staff has been great, Dante is receptive to questions/suggestions.  People seem friendly.

Think Ill stay for awhile :)
Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:38:47 PM by Evolution »
If you need help, just ask.

June 13, 2012, 08:51:58 AM
Reply #28

Offline hadre

I stumbled apon this shard by random chance.  I was actually looking for a shard with a level/class system because those always leave you room to grow your character your way.  Something about this server caught my eye (I think I read the wiki stuff while at work on my phone and thought I would give it a try)

June 13, 2012, 05:20:17 PM
Reply #29

Offline pibb100k

A player who switched here then left cause of surgery..

December 31, 2012, 11:21:39 PM
Reply #30

Offline Heath

Google serach for UO freeshards

May 01, 2013, 02:22:28 PM
Reply #31

Offline Luminoso

I have Richard Garriott as a friend on Facebook.
A couple of months ago he posted the big “Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar” announcement.
So I signed up on the SoA forums during the Kickstarter Campaign.
They had a thread on their forms like: “What game are you currently playing?”  Someone posted a link so I gave it a try. 
So I searched on their voting site and liked the sound of this shard and decided to give it a try.  I’ve been here 5 week now. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:30:59 PM by Evolution »
Jenlor d'Lumino - Tamer/Adventurer
Jenntar d'Lumino - Crafter

May 01, 2013, 02:30:24 PM
Reply #32

Offline Ramsay IV

A simple bing search for UO Free Private servers, and saw yours on the top.. checked out the website, logged in and got hooked!

May 03, 2013, 04:31:21 PM
Reply #33

Offline driod

found the shard on one of the free shard rank sites. I like this shard cause not much comes easy which makes the game interesting , I have played shards where everyone is dripping in gold and arties and its not much fun as you end up just like than in no time at all and then everyone just sits at the bank complaining in WC that they are bored so keep it interestingly hard:)
and thank you to all the staff that put in there time for everyone to enjoy UO

May 23, 2013, 02:08:41 PM
Reply #34

Offline maharette

Hi guys, well on my side the shard is offering real good possibilities. I still have some problem to understand the breeding system, but i am pleased with the entire shard. Events are regular, skills are not a pain ( nice for me as i still play on OSI ), en the custom added are really nice and almost without bug. The staff behind seems to work hard... So well after a long research i found a good private shard. I was last playing on demise as private shard but got tired of doing the same every night as there is nothing developed deep inside of it.

So i enjoy it !!!

Maharette.

May 24, 2013, 05:02:29 PM
Reply #35

Offline Gravefist

I found the shard thru connect UO, Saw the custom breeding and Evo pets & was interested in that mainly. But have come to find alot other of things I like that is to much to really mention. All around a wonderful shard!

June 15, 2013, 10:32:36 AM
Reply #36

Offline Tabare

I played with a friend in another shard and found this so honest and invited me so here we are

TABARE

June 26, 2013, 02:18:47 AM
Reply #37

Offline Keldon

I figure I should go ahead and state out I found this shard...

It was from one of the top 100 sites that Dante encourages us to vote on every day.  I was looking around and thinking about giving a free shard a shot (I wanted to play UO again but did not want to give EA any more money).  I looked at the top 5 only because I figured they were most likey to have a good reputation.

Well Evolution basically sounded like the way I always thought UO should have been.  I gave it a shot and my account is now 72 days old.

Dante and Kyn have been nothing but the best!  They are online a large amount of the time and they actually talk to the players.  Several years ago I was on a free shard where it was basically impossible to talk to the top devs/owner.  This level of personal interaction makes this shard feel like a home instead of just something to fill the time.
Just a ghost

June 26, 2013, 09:50:12 AM
Reply #38

Offline nightfyre

I've played some custom UO shards, just to get back into UO.

My friend and I stopped for awhile after we got our fill and saw he was trying out this server so I wanted to give it a go after seeing some of the customization and liking what I seen.

Day two of my time here and enjoying myself here.  Have to explore the world more yet, still leveling up some skills. 

Though so far so good :)

August 02, 2013, 12:30:12 AM
Reply #39

Offline Cyrus

• Game Master: Event Coordinator
Came here 559 days ago with a few friends...probably played about 3-4 months and everyone in our guild left, so I took a break from UO for a bit. Came back little over a month ago...
I think it's safe to say you are stuck with me indefinitely...

August 12, 2013, 12:46:19 PM
Reply #40

Offline SwirlyImp

I found UO Evolution while doing a search on Google for "UO free servers". UO Evolution came out at the top of the list on many sites. I was attracted here because of the faster skill gains, I just didn't want to put that much work into a character for the umpteenth time. I have to admit, I am pleasantly surprised with the server. I've now been here a full week, and asked my son to join me, he is Bilbo in game.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:55:17 PM by SwirlyImp »

August 16, 2013, 08:04:22 PM
Reply #41

Offline Drithe

Hello all.  I came across this shard while searching for a good shard for my wife, son, brother-in-law, and myself to play on.  We all have played at least to some extent before, but have been away with other things for a good many years.  All four of us played on Maeve's Garden back in the good old days, but moved on to different games and recreational activities.  It has been a pleasant return to the game where I first wetted my blade in the MMORPG world, as well as finding a great shard in which to play.

August 17, 2013, 12:18:53 PM
Reply #42

Offline SirGuybrush

Drithe it must be awesome to play UO with your family! Have fun and welcome to the Evolution :)
True RPG Fan
New here

August 30, 2013, 09:09:20 AM
Reply #43

Offline donkeylips

I typed "UO free servers" in google and clicked the top site lol. I saw No skill caps and evo pets and i was in. :)

September 11, 2013, 05:55:20 AM
Reply #44

Offline mightyken

founded just searching for "best uo shards" in google... tried it... liked it... playing it  ;D ;D ;D

September 11, 2013, 10:28:02 AM
Reply #45

Offline Old Milwaukee

found you on www.joinuo.com
i like the server cauz after all them yrs playng UO, Evolution make me feel like a noob again  :)
*thumbsup*
Lord Mauvaise Vie.

Welcome to the shard!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 10:28:15 PM by Evolution »

September 12, 2013, 04:37:05 PM
Reply #46

Offline Sturger

It was a new shard name to be, and It was ranked 3rd on the list of top ranked shards. One and two where known to me so I came here due to it being fresh.  I only wish I had come here a few years ago, and saved some time.

December 18, 2013, 03:17:12 PM
Reply #47

Offline Varaben

This is an old topic, but I haven't posted yet so here goes. I've been playing MMOs since about 1999 I believe. I started with a free UO shard called Imagine Nation. It was pretty old school, super slow skill gain, a few custom things, 051a Sphere server. I played that off and on, and it periodically comes back for a year or two before shutting down.

Anyway, that game introduced me to MMOs and I've been playing UO off and on ever since. Recently I have grown a bit jaded with current MMOs. Been playing WoW off and on since launch, tried SWTOR, GW2, various free MMOs. UO always pulls me back. I was looking for one with unlimited skill gain. I like crafting, mage and melee, but it's annoying to swap characters, move gold between them, etc. So I basically looked for a high population, unlimited skills, easy to get started UO server.

I liked all the custom content, the reward structure, and the population. I found it on one of the many UO server lists.
IGN: Ramza Beoulve

December 19, 2013, 03:04:05 PM
Reply #48

Offline Blitzz

I've been browsing the many server lists over the past couple of years picking and playing shards from those lists looking for the ideal shard. Having played quite a few I liked the idea of gold ledgers and no skill caps that a couple had but found I couldn't hunt on em due to high latency (I play from NZ) or the staff/players were infuriating.

More searching and somehow I ended up seeing how the shards were pinging and Evolution was the lowest and most consistent, so I finally decided to download and play. Now I'd seen Evolution on a number of lists over the last year or so but always skipped it and like Sturger I wish I had come here earlier and saved a lot of time.

December 19, 2013, 04:27:02 PM
Reply #49

Offline Kyn

I've been browsing the many server lists over the past couple of years picking and playing shards from those lists looking for the ideal shard. Having played quite a few I liked the idea of gold ledgers and no skill caps that a couple had but found I couldn't hunt on em due to high latency (I play from NZ) or the staff/players were infuriating.

More searching and somehow I ended up seeing how the shards were pinging and Evolution was the lowest and most consistent, so I finally decided to download and play. Now I'd seen Evolution on a number of lists over the last year or so but always skipped it and like Sturger I wish I had come here earlier and saved a lot of time.

It's great to have you here Blitzz, All of the UO Evolution players are awesome!