Author Topic: OpenGL ES Error  (Read 87 times)

July 10, 2017, 11:16:54 AM

Offline akacorpse

Hey all,

During my most recent break from UO, I've done a complete upgrade of my system (Previous build was running at, on the most up-to-date parts, 6 years old at least).

Now that I have the new one up and running (Minus my graphics card having to be RMA'd due to extreme artifacting causing repeated crashes, using a friend's GPU to keep afloat for now), I can't seem to get UOSteam to open the client no matter what I've tried. It seems to be a UOSteam issue only, as other programs and games have no problems, and even Razor will allow me to launch the client to log in... but who plays with Razor <,<

Here's what I've tried so far:
I feel like I've researched the problem as much as possible without asking, so I'm asking now, if anyone has found a solid solution to this problem that I haven't tried.

http://imgur.com/pcpC8HR

System Specs:
CPU: Intel 7700K 4.2GHz
GPU (Borrowed): AMD Radeon HD 6900
GPU (RMA'd): GeForce GTX 980Ti
Memory: 16GB

July 10, 2017, 04:09:02 PM
Reply #1

Online Des Sanct

Just bought a new PC myself over the weekend and had a similar issue.
I had to edit the registry key in the Program File, in order for Steam to be recognized.  Let me know if this is something you haven't messed with yet. I can help you navigate it this week.

July 11, 2017, 05:02:55 PM
Reply #2

Offline akacorpse

I edited the registry according to the link above, changing the name and location of the OpenGL files, but I'm not sure if that's what you did as well.

July 11, 2017, 08:41:46 PM
Reply #3

Online Des Sanct

That's exactly what I did and it worked for me