Author Topic: -LFG-  (Read 835 times)

June 29, 2016, 09:18:11 AM

Offline Noxient

Hi,

I am getting bored with the game just running around by myself. I'd like to join an active guild.

About Me:
I have been playing UO off and on for 12~ years or so. I have never really played it seriously but I would like to think I know most of the basics. My defining game, especially in this genre, was WoW. I was a content pushing raider for a few years with top ranks in damage for, at the very least, most of if not all fights. The mentality I had in WoW of "do the most damage" persists here in UO. My second favorite thing after loot is using said loot to blow things up. After that I feel like I need to state that I understand the people I am playing with have their own rights to loot, especially if we have been working towards the same goal for any period of time.

My Availability:
Currently I am playing anywhere from 2-8 hours a day, depending on what I have going on. My normal play times are 5:30pm EST - 12pm EST on week nights, and it is sporadic throughout the weekend. I work as a tech for a software company so I have a nice cushy 9-5 which I love. I program a little bit in my off time and I am hoping to get off the phones within the next couple of months then up to the top level of tech / fledgling programming position that exists between the tech support and programming departments at my company.That will get me off the shift rotation - the only thing that will modify my schedule is the rotating late shift in my department. Every 6 weeks I will switch from 9am-5pm EST to 12:30pm-9pm EST, and that weekend I will be on call for any major issues a client may have.

My Character:
  • Max resists
  • 325 stat cap
  • 120 swords / parry / Smithing / tactics - sitting on 4 more 120 power scroll skulls. Two of those will probably be used for taming / animal lore once I get a druid book. No plans for the last two yet.
  • 100 ED and 3mil in gold
  • 5 pet slots
  • 1050 luck
  • +90% spell damage
  • Most powerful pet is a generation 1 dragon with max resists and 850~hp
  • Hopefully I will have a cleric book from the quest in a week or so (here's to hoping the spells are useful)
  • My next big step is going to be a champ axe when I find a base weapon I deem worth the investment. Currently I am experimenting with stam leech to see if it's practical to have anything less than 40% because any champ axe on the market without triple leech takes a nose-dive in price.
What I am Looking For:
I am interested in a guild that has at least 3-4 members on per night - people who are prepared to tackle any champ spawns we might find or help each other camp a spawn like the Magi Dragon. I am not expecting any handouts, but I want to start progressing to endgame.

What I can Offer:
I am on a LOT. If you're looking for bodies I will probably be available. Currently my best role would probably be support if such a thing were practical. If I can get someone to stand in front of me and take the hits then I can heal and wither like a champ. I am currently not breeding anything, so I am open to that. If you need help leveling the critters you'd like to breed I can definitely be of service as long as there's mutual gain. Aside from that I have at least enough smithing / tailoring to make any repairs only causing 1 durability loss.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:26:08 AM by Noxient »

June 29, 2016, 04:06:06 PM
Reply #1

Online Smilingdeath

You should get on the tea speaker server and talk with people there.  The main channels are great for meeting people in a half dozen guilds, so you might find one that is your style there too.

June 30, 2016, 12:14:23 AM
Reply #2

Offline Cito

Hit me up in game. Same name as forum handle. Susro is right. Teamspeak is an awesome thing to use to find a group that you get along with.
Cito Alcotar
-Medieval Cowboy-
Come see my vendor at Unholy Trinity Vendor Mall..

June 03, 2017, 09:32:29 PM
Reply #3

Offline Noxient

bump...?

I had a few responses to this after I posted it, then I fell off the face of the earth. Now I'm back! Still not in a guild :(

June 04, 2017, 10:37:10 AM
Reply #4

Online Evolution

• "The Game has Evolved" www.uoevolution.com
  • Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com
You also might try getting into teamspeak and discord.  You will find nice active players there and can speak directly with them.  I'm sure you could find a group you would like to join, good luck

UO Evolution Teamspeak and Discord info:
http://uoevolution.com/wiki/index.php/Teamspeak