Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Suggestions / Re: What a slap in the face...
« Last post by Swine on Today at 01:05:33 AM »
I completely agree. Every time I have come into contact with the staff on this server they have been very helpful and pleasant. And the fact that the (3 im guessing as thats who i always see) Dante, Domino, and Kane are always very active. Being new to this server and having only played the game prior to things like champ spawns, and peerless, etc I have a ton to learn still. I try to learn something new every day and further myself along. I dont have a clue when it comes to history between people on the shard and honestly would prefer to stay out of the drama. That being said I do know enough to know when something is blatantly out of whack and when discreet mentions of it go ignored I have been known to progressively get louder until I at least get some sort of answer be that either we will look into it or piss off hehe.

But as an update... today after killing a total of 61 Gnaws over the last few weeks I finally got his drop! Yay! I about fell out of my chair!
Help! / Halloween Costumes
« Last post by Schuyler Bain on Yesterday at 06:47:40 AM »
Ahoy - the original/official version f the game had an item called a Halloween Costume (http://www.uoguide.com/Costume). I know it is a little late for this year, but I think this could be fun as part of the October events next year. Perhaps there would be a way to introduce different one throughout the year?

It might also be a cool addition as a property that could be added to any item as a donation similar to the Quest & Event Items (http://www.uoguide.com/Costume#Quest_.26_Event_Items). I was a fan of the Bloody Sash myself. This would be great for role play as well as a way to mix up the look of the standard kit most wear. I would like to see something like this setup like the Polymorph spell in that it changes an appearance, but not penalties or bonuses and lasts until the item with the property is removed.

*I meant for this to be in the suggestion forum not the HELP forum... sorry about that.
« Last post by Zoltan on October 20, 2017, 09:11:41 PM »
Swine, I believe that the problem with the heated discussions and people thinking that there may be cause for concern is largely an issue of perception. These angry threads are way more public and noticeable than all of the times someone approaches staff quietly with an idea and actually get to watch them bring it into being. I don't go into the Discord server much at all but back when Teamspeak was the only channel in town Kane and Domino used to hop into public chat on the regular and were always willing to listen to ideas and reasonable complaints. I have even been lucky enough to hear the start of ideas between Kane and other players and hear him add the item to his infamous "list" and then see those ideas show up in game knowing that a few of us had a seat at the table when ideas were shared. Those things speak VOLUMES about the staff that Dante has assembled here and it goes almost entirely unnoticed because there might only be 5-10 people present for the conversation instead of the hundreds that get to read when someone loses their cool on the forums. This type of angry back and forth seems to occur more when a player comes forward with ideas that get shelved because they are largely self serving and then get upset because the GM's are "ignoring them" or being "mean." I would argue that for every thread like this there are easily 10 more productive conversations that get started in a less public way. I 100% agree with you that Gnaw's spawn and item drop rate seems to be a bit out of proportion to the rest of the peerless monsters, and I would be willing to bet that if you approached staff with REAL numbers that Kane would monitor the spawn/drop rate for a few days and let you know if it is operating as intended or if there is a tweak that needs to be made. You just can't come at staff all sideways like the misguided fellow that started this thread.
Help! / Re: Reagent Key Quest /WhiteStick
« Last post by Sturger on October 20, 2017, 08:10:12 PM »

I am glad I helped. Enjoy! Also, and this goes for anyone... feel free to PM me in game to figure out game issues or quests, as I know the answers, how to complete the quests, or at least know how to track said information down; from sources or good ole fashion googling/forums or wiki reading.

Be well all... and remember; this fantasy game is about having FUN!

--Sturger--
Shard Updates / Shard Update October 20, 2017
« Last post by Kane on October 20, 2017, 07:43:18 AM »
Just a few things from Morsax to update today, all of my stuff is in testing atm.  Kind of hoping for next weekend to have a massive public test of the new champ system.

Version 205
Morsax Quest Update:  Added and updated a few things
« Last post by Swine on October 20, 2017, 02:06:04 AM »
I have had some rather frustrating problems with spawn as well. I have killed Gnaw (the wolf) in the pursuit of trying to get all the needed keys to fight the Dreadhorn 57 times now since I have started keeping track and have not once received the "Gnaws Fang" drop required to continue (45 minutes at times between spawns when the other key spawning mobs spawn roughly every 10 to 15 mins is also a pain). I totally understand that some items are more difficult to obtain and that some spawns or drops are random for the sake of creating challenge or diversity. But some stuff is just outright insane. I have brought this to the attention of staff through private msgs in game only to be completely ignored. Granted I understand I am only one little whiner easily ignored, it does make for a rather frustrating experience at times. Yes I have gone elsewhere to kill other peerless, or what have you, but after seeing the peerless quest I wanted to attempt to get all the gems so I could get the ring or cape. And now once again for another night I am logging off rather frustrated with a quest/reward system that seems entirely out of whack with little that I think would be done about it.

Dont get me wrong, I love the server, respect staff, have donated, etc. But lately I just see a lot of rage going back and forth between staff and players. Im sure for valid reasons and a lot of history I wasnt here for. Im just saying that maybe there is a more productive or creative way for all of us to work out issues instead of getting so heated.

*Steps off soap box*
PVP Discussion / Re: What is the best PVP weapon?
« Last post by Mephisto on October 20, 2017, 12:05:22 AM »
What do you guys think of a bow (paralyzing / mortal) with triple slash added and 3 hit spells, lower attack, lower D? :)

The pickaxe was my 2nd choice (disarm and double hit), possibly with magma augments and maybe paralyzing fear?

What do yall think?

A good hybrid I think for the poor is a Yumi with dual shot / armor penetration it's quite versatile unless you're rich and want to really build a pvp only weapon (best pvm bow in my opinion).
« Last post by Thunder on October 18, 2017, 05:20:16 AM »
My experience is short but :

Mushroom Cave fey for the green tunic turn-in, Spirilix for the kas armor set for example are two bosses that come to my mind. There are probably others but I haven't had the chance to tackle them yet as my path only begins.

I guess just to talk about your own experience and share is interesting, wheter you agree or not 😅

Buhh byee!!

The sword for the tunic can also be drop on the mirror shield guy;  There are three locations for the Mirror shield guy. 

Spirilix also spawns in three locations,  one of them has a wide radius;  my understanding is these are all on random timers,  one of the locations has specific mobs to prevent camping.  If you do kill Spirilix make sure to take advantage of the contract sytemt to have a chance at a second sword.
« Last post by Mephisto on October 18, 2017, 04:59:12 AM »
My experience is short but :

Mushroom Cave fey for the green tunic turn-in, Spirilix for the kas armor set for example are two bosses that come to my mind. There are probably others but I haven't had the chance to tackle them yet as my path only begins.

I guess just to talk about your own experience and share is interesting, wheter you agree or not 😅

Buhh byee!!
« Last post by Thunder on October 18, 2017, 03:14:03 AM »
Hello!

I wanted to make a separate thread but I guess I will hop on this train :P

Hopefully I don't sound as angry and desperate as the OP, I simply wanted to suggest that while the spawn times are effectively spaced fairly between interesting bosses, some people, as seen above, still manage to camp these rare spawns by simply running in a spawns loop continously, making it harder for regular players to even FIND that rare monster.

I would suggest possibly that a fair way to face this problem would be to make the bosses summonable in a special room (like the peerless) only once per day per person maybe. Everyone could actually get a chance to fight them daily if they wished, there would be barely any wait, and the drop chance can either be adjusted accordingly or left as it, considering that the turn-in items do have random properties.

Another way, while it may seem dumb, would be to simply let everyone know when a rare mob "spawns" on general chat, so if everyone wants to jump in and go kill it they could, and everyone would have a chance at the drop. It would avoid 3-4 people to solo them all the time (and then complain).

There are many ways to tackle this issue I believe, I'm sure the current way can be improved, and I guess there are more positive ways to report the issue and improve the actual system ;)

Thanks!

What Mobs are you specifically talking about being camped?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10