Author Topic: How to connect?  (Read 6618 times)

March 29, 2011, 06:44:02 PM

Online Evolution

• "The Game has Evolved" www.uoevolution.com
  • Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com
Look at this link on the website/wiki for more information on how to connect to the UO Evolution Shard

UO Evolution Website - How to Connect
http://uoevolution.com/?page_id=2

More details on the wiki
http://www.uoevolution.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Connect

If you cannot get the patch/client to connect after reading all the information you can contact staff in discord chat room for assistance

Join UO Evolution's DISCORD SERVER by following this link:
https://discord.gg/KxJQNEX

NOTE:  Dante can provide tech assistance through software called "Teamviewer", so if you want this help, make sure you download the free software
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:47:36 AM by Evolution »

June 15, 2014, 08:08:18 PM
Reply #1

Offline Jed

Please help, I cannot connect through razor for some reason. I get the server address you entered could not be resolved. Then could not connect to ultima online. Please try again in a few moments. Any help would be greatley appreciated.

June 16, 2014, 02:52:56 AM
Reply #2

Offline DarkWarrior

Please help, I cannot connect through razor for some reason. I get the server address you entered could not be resolved. Then could not connect to ultima online. Please try again in a few moments. Any help would be greatley appreciated.

Have you made sure client encryption is ticked? Not OSI Encryption, there is another option next to it.

June 16, 2014, 06:47:06 AM
Reply #3

Offline Varaben

I tried using Razor recently, but I got a lot of client hanging, so I switched to UOSteam and haven't crashed since. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
IGN: Ramza Beoulve

June 16, 2014, 07:37:44 AM
Reply #4

Offline DarkWarrior

I tried using Razor recently, but I got a lot of client hanging, so I switched to UOSteam and haven't crashed since. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

One fix for the hanging is to run in Windows XP compatability and run as Admin.
I had a small issue with UOSteam a while back as I run two clients, when I tried to start the second one I would get a out of memory error. Seems to have sorted itself out now I think there is a small memory leak and over time it just got bloated, a couple PC restarts and it's all good now.

June 16, 2014, 09:15:08 AM
Reply #5

Offline Jed

The box is checke and I did run as admin but it still does not work, just to confirm Server: play.uoevolution.com port: 2593     ??

June 16, 2014, 09:57:04 AM
Reply #6

Offline DarkWarrior

Just to check, go to your start menu and if Windows XP go to run, if Windows 7 just type in the search box "cmd" without quotes.
The cmd box will appear. Simply type "ping play.uoevolution.com" without quotes and see if that gets a response.

June 16, 2014, 11:40:18 AM
Reply #7

Offline Jed

I tried uing that insted of play.uoevolution. com but i got the same message

Make sure you point razor to our custom patch folder and to our server.  See the "how to connect" info on the wiki for details
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:26:08 PM by Evolution »

June 16, 2014, 04:09:10 PM
Reply #8

Offline Jed

Everything appears to be set correctly but I am getting the same message. It worked fine up until yesterday. Should I delete Razor and reload it?

If you download teamviewer 9, I can help you and connect to you remotely if you want me to do it for you?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 05:33:01 PM by Evolution »

June 16, 2014, 05:45:35 PM
Reply #9

Offline Jed

Ok I downloaded the teamviewer 9. No idea how to use it though :)

June 16, 2014, 05:49:14 PM
Reply #10

Online Evolution

• "The Game has Evolved" www.uoevolution.com
  • Administrator
  • Dante - Shard Owner
    • www.uoevolution.com
open it up and then send a private msg to me here with id and pass